2: Sorry

"He tells me I'm beautiful everyday. The better part of him, hear him say. Now as you're watching far away. All I can say, I'm so sorry"

April 1995
-The following day-

Devante Swing

We were going over this song and currently we were both tired. We were also bumping heads more than one these past few hours.

"Your voice is beautiful Serenity but I need more soul into it okay. I read the lyrics and I know this guy you were with had a big part of the pain you put into writing it. " I told her and she nodded her head. " Now just listen to what I said. Put your heart and soul into this song. Make the listener connect with you okay??" I said into the mic.

"Okay Swing." Serenity said and I smirked at her calling me that.

I started the playback of the piano and her eyes were closed and I noticed tears were now falling down her beauitful chocolate face as she sang.

Once Serenity finished the song and pulled the headphones off of her head she walked out the booth and now stood in front of me.

"That was amazing Serenity. You okay?" I asked her and my question made her clear her throat.

"Y-yeah, just give me a second." Serenity said as she turned around. I could hear all the pain in her voice and I heard her sniffle probably about to cry. I cant stand when females cry it makes me feel bad. I got up from the chair I was sitting in and walked over to see if she was really good.

"You need a hug?" I asked her. She turned around and wiped her tears as she walked over towards me. I wrapped my arms around her pulling her in for a hug and she smelled so good.  "Everything is going to be alright i promise. Stop all that crying. You too beauitful for that."

"Thanks Devante." She said.

"No problem, you want something to eat?" I askEd trying time get her mind off her pain she was reliving apparently.

"Yeah. Thanks." Serenity said.

"No problem." I licked my lips and walked towards the fridge grabbing a few snacks to tide us over on the ride to wherever she decided she had a taste to eat.

It was 4:30 am and she finally decided on the waffle house. Really wasn't much of decision because that was the only thing open near the studio and then I was going to take her back to Static's crib. I was glad it wasnt that many ppl in there this time of morning. I just didnt like to be bothered with alot of people. I try to stay lowkey in public but people still find you.

After we ordered our food and drinks we were really just chilling in the booth trying to know each other better. She was on my team now so I do need to know her on a more personal level.

"So how old are you?" I asked her.

"I'm 20 you?" Serenity asked me.

"You should guess." I told her and she giggled at my suggestion.

"Hmm okay then.. it's between 25 or 26?" I asked him.

"Damn you good. 26 is correct." I licked my lips. We were talking about whatever was on our minds. I like that she had a dope mind and that she really listened to me when I spoke. I appreciate that shit.

"So how are you and the guys? New album coming soon?" Serenity asked me.

"Yeah, we are actually currently working on it." I told her.

"I cant wait because you guys last album was dope but you know the First album is a classic." Serenity said. I just loved the way she talked. You would think that she is not from Kentucky.