Chapter 11

I was woken up by the smell of food. It must be Chris coming over to bring food.

But when I open my eyes I could see even through the dark dark I am in an unfamiliar territory.

Then all the events today hit me. Chris and I going out. Me getting dragged then questioned about my brother.

What did my brother exactly do. What kind of danger is he really in?

Also, that man. A man was killed in front of me!

And what if my brother face same fate if they find him?

And what about me? When will they get bored and kill me? Or what will happen to me after they found my brother. I have seen too much, I know that they won't let me go easily. And that president. He is so scary, I can't forget the way he talked about me while he thought I was unconscious. The way he took a life that person is just some bug no one cares about. I don't want to face him again.

Oh SHUCKS. How come my life has suddenly become so hectic. I did not ask for this, I was satisfied with the way I was living. I have an okay job and place to live. I have friends and Chris.

How wasn't I freaking out before.

Kane...

How exactly is he involved to that Kharon.

He is one of the guys who wants my brother... probably dead.

I can't let that happen. I will find a way to help him.

As much as I don't like that Kane is part of it, he is the only thing familiar here. I also don't like the fact that he is not here. It makes me panic.

I got up and look around in the dark room.

He promised.

Instead I saw a woman staring down at me.

"Ahh Ghost!" I jerked back.

That's when I heard a loud thud from the door, like someone trying to break down the door, She switch on the light and I now can see her properly. A lanky woman wearing tank top and jeans. She has lots of cool tattoos all over her arms and neck. It makes me want to get one. Maybe I will get temporary ones.

"Shit" the woman cursed, looking cautiously at the direction of the door but we hear another thud making the woman huffed,

"Do tell him you are fine. I don't want to face him"

I realised he is talking about Kane,

"I thought she was a ghost!" I shout at the door so he'd hear and the thumping stopped. "He is pacing like a mad man out there, refusing to leave. Well, to be fair, he is mad" she shrugged.

"Hey, that's not nice!" I can't help but defend him, "and who are you"

"That is not something you don't need to know. Yet"

"Why?"

"That's a good question. Why indeed"

"Why are you speaking like that?"

"What about asking why I am here"

"Well...why are you here"

"I was told to check your wounds but looks like it is tended. Good to know. You can't die yet"

"About that. When will someone tell me what my brother had done"

He scoffed, "He had done alot. First stealing. Worst betrayal. We don't let that go here. He knows the consequences the moment he decided to betray us"