Chapter 4

Chris lead me to this spacious room on the second floor. It was crowded. People were forming some sort of circle around something.

Chris was grinning as he watch whatever takes place at the center. He's lucky being so tall. As for me all I hear was cheers.

I huffed in annoyance and tapped at the big guy in front of me, "Excuse me"

I had to repeat before he turn back, studying me with his dark brown eyes that roam all over my face, then smile down at me, "How can I help a pretty girl?"

"I need you to let me through. I have a difficulty in seeing because of your height"

"Want to climb my body?" he smirked.

"No. I do not find you appealing enough to even touch you. And oh, It's nothing personal"

I had to add that because as I said, I tend to offend people alot.

He looked shocked, then his cheeks turning slightly red when the guy beside him snickered. That's when he gave me the looked I am so used to, annoyance. I guess I was too later in informing that it wasn't personal. I have to remember to say that part first next time.

"Well then, stay right there shortie. Good luck" he said in an unfriendly way even though he used the words 'Good luck' It doesn't sound right at all. I wanted to ask him why he would do that before I think of sarcasm. Yes he was doing that.

Okay. This is just irritating. I don't want to be here in the first place. Now this. I turn to the cute culprit and tugged on his sleeve impatiently,

When he looked down at me, I complain, "Chris I hope you don't forget the fact that majority of people are like trees to me. What's unfair is that it's genetic and it's not my choice"

"Why is it unfair? You are cute the way you are" he gave me that charming smile.

Resist it. Resist it.

"Because I can't see through at situations like this. I think I'll go back to the closet and find something to do"

"Oh. Sorry. I got distracted. You do not have to go back. Come here" he takes my hand making me smile. All he had to do was mummers and few taps. He just parts them like red sea.

When we reached the center I finally see what's going on. When he let my hand go, it feels empty. I tried reaching out to hold his hands again but he already folded his arms and his eyes focused on something else across the room.

There was a blindfolded girl in the middle, who was smiling from ear to ear. People around calling, her asking her to get closer. She moves in one direction then they call her from the other side again. She bit her bottom lip as if deciding which side to go. Finally she moves back then ran straight till the guy in front of her catches her then guess what happened. She kissed him! That's right!

Everyone shouted at that.

I scrunched my nose at that, "This game is stupid. What if she kisses someone that's not her partner" I shouted over the noise at Chris. He ruffled my hair and said, "That's the rule. They have to kiss whoever's in front of them"

I look at him like he was insane but he just smile at me.

When I look back at the centre, I saw someone glaring me from the other side.

Janet Muchiri.

One of the most popular girl in school. She never tried to hide the fact that she disliked me. With all her heart. She never misses a chance to mess with me. People may not notice it but I do.

I do not understand why though because she is nice to everyone else but me.

"Now who will be next!" someone shouted and random names were called out.

Someone was pushed forward and it was Gina Adams. The crowd went 'oooh' and pointing at Chris, telling her to remember where he stood.

Chris raised his hands in a surrender motion, "Now now, I'm not easy. You gotta chase me baby" the crowd laughed at that.

Gina winked and making a sexy kissy face at him. I mean how is that possible? Why does it look good when other females do it. I have tried making kissy faces in front of a mirror and I made a vow to never make that face again.

After she was blindfold, the crowd were counting down. She turned round and round,

"...4, 3, 2, 1!" then she stopped.

She got called in all direction, she moved forward, grinning as she moves by blind faith, her arms were out trying to feel somethin.As she moves forward on the other side, Chris shouts "This way Babe"

"That's not fair!" someone shouts back playfully.

I know exactly what's going to happen. I may be open minded enough to let him experiment but it doesn't mean I like it nor can see him getting intimate with other females. I held by breath. Preparing to close my eyes.

Gina put her hands on her hips with a smirk, you can tell that she knows exactly where Chris was, she even turn her head in our direction even though she can't see him.

Then she shrugged. Moving straight ahead. That's when Chris laugh and walk straight ahead to her to stand right in front of her last minute then she reached him.

Chris bend quickly and kiss her hard. I wanted to close my eyes so badly but I couldn't. I don't want to see this. I don't like the pain I am feeling at all.

Before I know it, I turn around pushing through the crowd to get out of there. I even did a bad thing. I stole someone's drink from her hand. It's totally unhygienic since she's a stranger and all so I wouldn't drink it, but I thought that would be dramatic and epic. It feels great.

I quickly went down the steps ready to get into that closet again until the party's over. I am highly aware I do not belong here.

When I reached the last step, I made a right turn only to run into a wall. I spilled some of my drink and cursed the wall, "Son of a nutcracker!"

Then I turn straight to the right only to ran into another wall! I spilled the drink again. Oh man. I can't curse at it anymore because this time it's my fault that I ruin the shirt that clings onto a hard perfect body.

Not the time to be oogling like a pervert!

I am afraid to look up to see his angry expression so I keep my head down.

I debate whether I should close my eyes and be at my own space till he decides to go away or just run for it. Both are very tempting but I remember that I am a mature person! I need to find a way to deal with this.

I need to get the drink off before it stained. I might be able to save it!

Without second thought(not that I usually even have it) I grab his wrist and pulled him towards the kitchen sink. I took out my handkerchief from the pocket of my jeans and wet it. When I turn back to wipe it off he was sitting at the counter, I had no choice but to look at him.

That's when my eyes widen and I froze, my breath literally stops.

______________________________________________________________

A/n: Hope you guys like the chapter:) Next chapter will be longer.