Chapter 3

A/N: IMPORTANT- I have added a new chapter in chapter 2. Make sure you don't forget to go back and read:)
_________________________________________
PAST

"Maya listen to me" my brother pulls me into the closet and he whisper.

"What is it kenny? "

"Avoid staying alone with uncle. I don't like the way he used to touch you"

"No that's a bad thought"

"What do you mean that's a bad thought"

"He says so. He says that daddies sleep with their daughter and should be pampered and its a bad thought to think it's wrong"

Her brother paled at that, "Something bad is going to happen"

"What? "

" Maya listen to me carefully and don't tell him this okay. He is planning to send me away"

She looked at him it horror, "What!! Why? Where"  she tears up at the thought of getting separated from her brother. "You can't go. Mommy and dad-"

"Stop it" he hissed "They are dead okay! That's why we are here"

" De-dead? That can't be"

"Maya please grow up for once. Do you remember that friend of uncle that used to come here? "

"The one thay brings me loli?"

"Yes. I heard them talking and uncke is going to hand me over to him. When that happens, I want you to take this" he says giving her an envelope "and run out of this house as soon as possible because they will do something to you do too even though I don't know what. There's a number in there and I want you to call it in any way you can. You will be safe then. Promise me and you can't tell this to Uncle or we are both dead"

She shook her head, "I don't want to without you"

His brother shove the envelope in the inside pocket of her overcoat, pulled her. He hugged her tightly and he choke out, "I'm sorry I can't protect you. I'm sorry"

She doesn't understand what he was saying but it made her sobbed too for some reason,

Then someone opened the door, they both jumped when they saw their uncle bending over to look at them with a huge creepy smile, "What are my little nieces talking about"

..................................................................

PRESENT

"Flaxen, Clay, bronze, bright green, Maroon, black.." I named the colours I spotted in here. I am already done solving the math puzzles that I had planned to solve for today so I got bored just sitting in staring at the door that's why I started naming the colours.

The door in front of me opened, distracting me. I was feeling annoyed and about to lecture whoever was disturbing me but a smile spread across my face instead.

"Chris" like always, my heart was pounding too fast. Like it's the first time I see him all over again.

"Maya I have been searching for you. What are you doing in this supply closet"

"I was naming all the shades of colours in here. You won't believe how much I counted already"

"But why? We are at a party?"

"Um"

"Okay, then at least tell me why you ran off? I was about to get you something to drink. I turned around then bam, you disappeared"

The night started out great really, him picking me up, telling me I'm cute and everything. When we reached the party, everyone stares at my sweater. Probably thinking how great it looks right? I mean it has mixture of different colours that can match everything. Then Chris staying with me while people approached him, chatting with him. I stood next to him whole time. I didn't have to say anything but I don't mind. I just offend people anyway when I open my mouth.