025, rose

・・・・・☆

・・・・・☆

MYSTIC FALLS HIGH

Veronica was in shock from the night before. Her mother wanted her to stay home, but she denied. She had to go to school. She just had to leave the house. All the memories they had together were no match for the one bad one that would haunt her forever.

She walked through the school's crowded hallway. It felt like all eyes were on her. But they weren't. She walked past his locker. Number 236, she remembered. It was covered in pictures and messages. The bottom of the red locker was surrounded by flowers. Veronica kneeled down and placed a bouquet of lilies. His favourite. Jennifer, his girlfriend sent Veronica a small smile as she walked by.

Ronnie felt so guilty. She had killed her friend.

Veronica got up from her spot on the ground and walked over to her own locker. She twisted in the combination. But when she went to open it she pulled so hard it came off. Tyler approached his sister.

She looked off and spotted Caroline. "Hey, Care." She walked up to her. Tyler following.

"Hey. How are you doing?" The blonde vampire greeted.

"Not that good."

"How's your mom? My mom said that she was pretty freaked out about everything that happened with Sarah and Kevin." She rambled.

"How did you know?" Tyler asked getting straight to the point.

"What do you mean?" She asked innocently.

"About us." He said gesturing to him and Ronnie. "How did you know?"

"Know what? That you were upset? I thought I was doing a good thing by covering for you guys."

"That's not what he's talking about." Veronica chimed in.

"Look, it was an accident. Okay? And I've gotta run." She turned to face Veronica. "Just please don't blame yourself."

▹ ▹ ▹

THE FORBES RESIDENCE

Tyler had told Ronnie about his encounter with Caroline. How she was stronger than his and the fact that she absolutely dodged his questions.

Veronica knew why Caroline was stronger but she was confused about why she dodged his questions and how she kinda knew what they were to begin with.

So when Tyler asked her to go to Caroline's house for an intervention how could she resist.

"Mom?" Caroline called out. Using her heightened skills she felt the presence of something. More specifically, someone.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she turned to face the newly turned wolves.

"I know." Tyler stated simply.

"Breaking and entering the sheriff's house? That move will win you an award." Caroline changed the subject.

"Go ahead. Keep dodging. Keep changing the subject. But I know. You're just like me. Aren't you?" Tyler taunted as he circled the blonde.

"No."

"Keep it up, but I'm not buying it. I saw how strong you were. I'm not leaving here until you tell me the truth." Tyler pushed.

"Tyler.." Veronica started.

"You're a werewolf." Tyler accused. Veronica and Caroline stifled their laughter until they couldn't anymore. "Say it."

They bursted out laughing. "What?"

Tyler grabbed Caroline and pushed her against the wall. "Stop lying."

"I'm not lying."

"Say it!" He slapped the wall causing the picture to fall and the glass to break.

Caroline grabbed Tyler and swapped positions. Now she held him against the wall. Her vampire face growling at him. She pushed him over onto the ground. "I'm not a werewolf, okay?"

▹ ▹ ▹

Tyler was still shocked about the news Caroline had told them about. Veronica already knew so none of this was much of a surprise to her.

"You know what? This sounds crazy, but alcohol helps. Or at least it helps me." Caroline said as she walked into her living room with a bottle of liquor and three glasses.

"You know, with all that jittery stuff." She said as she poured them a drink each.

"I'm hot." Tyler said.

"I feel like my skin's on fire." She agreed as she took the glass for her blonde best friend.

"Really?" Caroline asked as she poured herself a drink. "I never had any of that. Guess wolves are different."

"At the beginning, I was very, very, emotional. Everything was heightened." Caroline explained.

"I have that." Tyler said. Everything was silent for a moment. "How can you be a vampire?"

"How can you be a werewolf?" Caroline retorted.

"Who else is like you?" Tyler asked.

"Just me." Veronica gave Caroline a look knowing she's lying. Caroline gave her a pleading look not to say anything, causing Ronnie to nod. "It's a really long story, we can share another time. Uh, how many other werewolves are there?"

"Just me and V." Tyler answered and Ronnie added. "And our uncle Mason, but he left town."

"Look, guys.. you can't tell anyone, okay, not about you, not about me. No one will understand." Caroline lectured.

"I know." They nodded.

"I want to tell you about my mom and yours and the founding families and the council, but I need you guys to promise me no one will find out about us. This is life and death, Ronnie and Tyler."

"I have no one else to tell. I'm sorry about earlier." Tyler apologised.

"It's just we're alone with this. It's gonna happen to us. On the next full moon, we're gonna turn, and I won't be able to stop it. For either of us. I'm scared." Ronnie states as Caroline brought her into a hug.

So I've decided Ronnie's endgame. Any guesses?

Skipping next episode, sorry!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Xoxo
Meg