012, a few good men

[Strangers:
               A few good men]

                    [Strangers:                                     A few good men]

                                   ▂▂▂

The Mystic Grill

Elena had told Veronica of recent events once more. Her adoption, her talk with Trudy, and her possibly being Alaric's dead wife. She felt sorry for the girl to have never met her biological mother.

Veronica stood at the table where the various tickets to auction an eligible bachelor were being sold.

Because her mother was running the event she got roped into helping out. Unlike Caroline who offered to help.

"He's already been hit on, like, 35 times." Caroline explained "he's total cougar bait." Veronica chuckled.

"Impressive." Elena stated. "More like embarrassing."

Caroline spotted Matt's mother, Ronnie knew how much Care wanted to impress her but she was failing. "Hi, Mrs. Donovan"

She ignored her. Bitch. "Elena, honey." Elena giggled and hugged her. "Hi Kelly." And then they indulged in conversation completely ignoring everyone else's presence which pissed Ronnie off until she turned to her. "Ronnie? Is that you? I almost didn't recognise you without the long hair!"

"Yep it's me" she smiled awkwardly before being pulled into a hug. She turned to Caroline and mouthed 'I'm sorry'.

"Here you go sweetheart" Kelly passed a couple dollars to Ronnie. "How ever many that will buy. I just hope I don't get bachelor 3. I dated him in high school. Not impressive" she whispered "in any way."

The raven haired girl's eyes widened in disgust as she sent Kelly a fake smile handing her the ticket. "Very exciting."

________

Mystic Grill

She was watching her mother introduce the many eligible bachelors around a table that held Elena and Jenna.

"And what do you do, Bachelor number 3?" Her mother asked. "Yeah, I'm a plumber."
"Well, isn't that wonderful? We could always use more plumbers."

"Number 4, Alaric Saltzman. Wow, that's quite a mouthful" She introduced "what do you do Alaric?"

"I'm a teacher at Mystic Falls High." He answered "oh, beauty and brains, ladies. This one's a keeper. What do you teach?" "History"

"Oh, well, give us a fun fact about Mystic Falls, something crazy." Alaric stuttered "he probably wants to save the best stories for his date."

"And last, but not least, Damon Salvatore. We don't have much on you." Carol said. "Well I'm tough to fit on a card."

"Do you have any hobbies? Like to travel?" She asked. "Oh, Yeah, L.A., New York. Couple of years ago I was in North Carolina, near the duke campus actually. I think- - I think Alaric went to school there. Yeah, 'cause I- - I know your wife did. I had a drink with her once. She was a great girl. I ever tell you that? 'Cause she was delicious. Mmm. Mmmm. Mmmm."

Veronica's jaw dropped after realising what he meant. She felt terrible for Elena but even worse for Alaric. She looked to her right to see if Elena was okay, but she was on the verge of tears. Ronnie looked at Jenna who asked "are you okay?" "I just need some air, Ronnie?" Veronica got the hint and walked outside with her. Stefan close after.

"Elena." Stefan cooed. "He killed her? Damon was the vampire that killed her?"

"I don't know what happened. Alaric said that they never found a body. I wanted to tell you, but I just- - I wanted to know more."

"I was feeling sorry for him, hoping the whole Katherine thing would change him. I was so stupid."

"He doesn't know about the connection to you. I thought about confronting him, but he's already so on the edge."

"Why are you protecting him?" Elena exclaimed. "Because you're not the only one hoping that he might actually change."

"I saw that man outside of Trudy's house" Elena said. "Get back inside you too."

Elena put her arm around Veronica who hugged her closely.

536 reads?! Thank you so much for reading this really bad story!!

Another short chapter.

7 chapters to season 2!!!🎉🎉

Xoxo