018, the return

・・・・・☆

・・・・・☆

The Hospital

After hearing of her dad's passing the house flooded with grief. Her mother's cries filled the empty house. Her phone brimming with sympathy messages that consist of 'I'm sorry for your loss' or 'my condolences' and her worst yet 'don't worry you'll feel better soon'. Half of these messages were from people that never had an interest in her or her father.

Veronica was never one who suffered great heartbreak. But today, she got a taste of the heartbreaking events that come with life. For some reason she could not explain, she actually missed him. That was the worse feeling.

On top of all of this, Tyler wore his guilt on his sleeve. He felt terrible about the accident. Especially about what happened to Caroline.

Veronica had spent most of the night consuming the food people would drop off expressing their sympathy; her mother couldn't even look at the food.

Veronica decided to do the two thing people do when stressed: bake and talk to you best friend. Caroline always eased the nerves the baking couldn't. She was always good at that. And that's what she did. She got up early just to bake. She made 'Get well soon' brownies and 'Caroline's' cupcakes. She named them after her due to the fact their Caroline's favourite dessert.

She ignored the teasing from her bother, wrote her mother a note telling her where she'll be for a while and headed out the door. She stopped and The Forbes residence(with permission, obviously) and picked up a few things for Care. She also found the time to buy her some flowers; a surprise mixtures of lilies, peonies,
daisies. She strolled into the hospital double-doors to the reception to ask for Caroline.

Once she did she followed the receptionists orders and looked for the room. Mumbling a quick thank you to all the people who offer their sympathy. The minute she reached the room Caroline was awake watching the tv.

She knocked on the semi-opened door to gain her attention. "Hey, How are you doing?" Caroline smiled brightly at her friend as she stepped into the room placing the flowers on the side table. "Hi. Good, the doctors say I'm recovering fast."

"That's great." She nodded. "I come bearing gifts" she stated as she sat on the foot of the hospital bed placing the bags on the floor. "Some stuff from home: toothbrush, hair brush, some clothes etcetera" Caroline muttering a enthusiastic 'thank you.' She gave Caroline a soft hug, knowing how sore she is.

"Also my 'get well soon' brownies." She voiced searching religiously through her purple bag "ugh. I hate brownies." Caroline groaned and scrunch her nose up at the thought of them. "I know, chica." She replied as she pulled out a white, perfectly folded into a square, cardboard box. "That's why I made you cupcakes. Is it okay for you to eat these?"

Caroline beamed, nodded and took the box for Ronnie's hands. "I would've bought curly fired but they'd be cold by now." She placed them on her blue hospital blanket provided by them and indulged a vanilla cupcake with strawberry icing and rainbow sprinkles.