017, founder's day

[Strangers:
                                       Founder's Day]

                    [Strangers:                                       Founder's Day]

▂▂▂

Mystic Falls High

Founders Day quickly came from around the corner. Another celebration ritual Veronica had to take part in. It was part of being a Lockwood. The costumes were always awfully uncomfortable. As every year goes by the of founding families had to dress up.

Her wore a purple dress with white details on the skirt half. The patterns were hard to describe. Which didn't make them any more beautiful.

She walked through the parking lot her eyes scanning for a friend or 2 until her eyes landed on Elena. "Hey! Don't you look beautiful?"

"Me?! Have you seen yourself?!" Elena exclaimed scanning her friend from head to toe. "Thank God, I don't look as bad as I feel." She sighed in relief causing Elena to chuckle.

"No,no,no, this lineup is all wrong. The marching band should be in front of the historical society." They heard Carol say in the distance. "Now I know where you get it from." They chuckled. "I gotta find Kevin I'll see you later."

________

Mystic Falls High

Veronica stood by and watched Bonnie hold up a camera toward Caroline and Matt. The Forbes girl was dressed in a large, puffy yellow gown.

"Say cheese!" Bonnie exclaimed "Wait.
Hide your cast it's not era-appropriate."

"Seriously?" Matt scoffed but complied. Bonnie laughed at the two pressing a button on the camera to snap a picture.      

"I want one with Bonnie and Ronnie, now." Caroline called out as she smoothed out the sash draped over her gown.   

"Here, I can take it." Tyler stepped forward from where he arrived next to the small group.      "I'll be on the float." He said, before he turned on his heel and strode away from them.      

Tyler sighed, turning to the three girls that stared after Matt. "I said I was sorry!" He whined.      

Caroline stared flatly at the boy. "You made out with his mother and then you beat him to a pulp. You're gonna have to do a little bit better than sorry." Veronica touched his shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze.
________

On The Float

People were screaming and cheering at every corner a the float. Carol Lockwood from where she remained on the stage at the corner of the square spoke up. Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's High School Marching Band!"

Veronica heard the many instruments before she saw the line of students trail behind a few cheerleaders that held a banner between them.

"And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek." She couldn't see due to it being the float in front.