023, plan b

・・・・・☆

   ・・・・・☆

Lockwood Mansion

Veronica was haunted by the events that occurred last night. She had woken up in the middle of the night because of it. For the past few days, Veronica has managed merely 2 hours of sleep. She was completely and utterly sleep deprived. Her mother being the stand in Mayor meant that everything would commence annually. The charity masquerade ball decorating was now officially in session.
Her mother thought it was a good idea to put her in charge. She thought it was a good chance for her daughter to get a taste of what she would be doing after she died.

She held a tight grip on the clipboard as she instructed the several dozens of people who volunteered to help. "No,no. I said to the right not the left." She said frustratingly as she pointed towards the volunteer using her pen.

Jenna Sommers walked up to her with a smile. "Jenna. Hi. Thanks for helping out."

"Of course. For a good cause. Plus, I have always been a sucker for the masquerade ball." Jenna confessed.

"So was my dad." She sent her a sad smile. "This was always his favourite party of the year."

"Wait, wait, wait, Tyler!" Matt stressed as Tyler slightly slipped, which caused the table to almost drop.

"Guys! Be careful, that things like 200 years old. I gotta go. Tyler!" Veronica said worried that her mom would kill her.

"Sis, we got it."

▹ ▹ ▹

It was about an hour in before she got roped into helping

"She's this amazing girl one minute, and then, this raging, jealous freak the next." Matt said as he climbed down the leader handing Veronica the lantern that he had taken down merely seconds ago.

"Look, You know what I think of Caroline Forbes. She's an insecure, neurotic, bitchy little twit." He trailed on with a smile causing Veronica to smack him. "Hey!"

"But the girls got heart. And she means well." Tyler recovered quickly. "Just gotta take the good with the bad sometimes."

"Yeah." Matt agreed. "I'm gonna go get an extension cord. I'll be right back."

"Okay."

She turned around and grabbed her clipboard and began to check off the things they had done earlier on. A familiar voice startled her. "Hey."

She turned to face Jeremy. "Hi. Need anything? Supplies? Lemonade? Cause it's right in there-" she used her pen to point inside the house.

Jeremy cut her off. "No." He chuckled. "I did a little research on that stone you showed me."

This gained her full attention. She drifted her gaze from the blue clipboard to meet his, he seemed to be staring at her for a second too long. "Why? Why would you do that?" She asked.

"I don't know. Curiosity, boredom..." He trailed. "What'd you find?"

"Well, it turns out that it's part of this Aztec legend, but I want to make sure it's the same kind of stone. Do you think I could check it out again?"

"No, sorry. I gave it to my uncle." She apologised. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because I wanted to." She shrugged. "Plus. I don't want anything to do with any of this. Legends, curses and all. I'm done, okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah sure." He chuckled. "It's probably just stupid folklore anyways."

"Veronica, we need some help over here!" Someone yelled from the distance. "Coming!"

She sighed deeply placing the clipboard and pen on the table next to her, running a hand through her hair. "Can this wait?" She asked.

"It's fine, forget it." She sent him a smile. "Okay." She breathed out before she turned on her heel and strutted away.

▹ ▹ ▹

"Nice to see Matt today. He hasn't been around for a while." Carol said handing a plate to her son to put at the dad of the table. "We've both been busy, I guess."

Veronica walked in tucking the last thing on her clipboard.

"In here looks great, Mom." Veronica complimented as she shut the door behind her. "Thanks, outside looks amazing too, Ronnie."

She smiled. "Hey, have to seen Mason?" She asked her mother. "The guys been awol all day." Tyler agreed.

"Actually, Mason headed back to Florida." Carol said sadly. "What?"

"I'm sorry, babies. I know how much you guys all hit it off." Carol apologised.

"So he just left." Veronica said not believing it for a second.

"I was hoping he'd stick around. I though that with your dad gone, that.." she trailed. "Anyway, he's gone."

She smiled sadly. "So I guess it's just the 3 of us now."

Another chapters coming up later today and I promise it's gonna be a hella long one. Something exciting happens can you guess?

Should I separate her story into 3 books or keep it in one until season 8?