Chapter 18 : Make It Work

Start from the beginning

"She blocked me from her phone."

"I'm sure somebody knows where she is."

"My friends do but they won't tell me," I shook my head. She sighed.

"Well, I guess we both owe her an apology, huh?" She wiped another tear. "We can do it together."

I smiled a little, happy that she was trying to make things right between us. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Then my dad walked in and looked at us, suspiciously.

"Everything okay here?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah, dad this is Nicole's mother, Faith Blake. Faith this is my dad, Richie Siler," I introduced them. They shook hands.

"Nice to finally meet, Ms. Blake," My dad shook her hand. "What brings you by?"

"I wanted to open up my own bakery and I was hoping maybe I could get some of the city's best accountants to help me budget and plan."

My dad nodded and patted me on my shoulder. "Well, Elite, will gladly help you."

"Perfect," She said, smiling. I smiled at her too.

"Just give me a minute, Faith," I said and she nodded. I went to my father's office. "Dad, you sure about this? You want me to do this on my own?"

"Yeah, why not? You got this," He assured. I nodded and walked back out to start working with Faith to start working on the costs of everything. It was the first time my dad gave me my own project.

We went over some stuff and I informed her what she would have to be doing when the office phone rang.

"LA's Accountant Incorporation, how may I hel-"

"Yo, Elite! It's Chris. I'm freaking the hell out, bro!"

"What happned? Is everything okay?"

"Man, water is everywhere," He panicked. "Ion know what to do."

"Chris, calm down. Whats going on?" I repeated, getting uneasy by his tone of voice.

"Nelle's going into labor."

Nicole

I rushed to the hospital from work once Chris called me and went to the lady at the front desk. She told me to wait in the waiting room because Janelle was still in labor.

Once I turned around toward the waiting room I saw Elite, sitting down with his face in his hands. I inhaled and exhaled deeply before making my way toward him.

I sat down next to him and looked at him for moment. He looked stressed but still good looking in the suit he was wearing. He looked more sophisticated and grown.

"Hey," I said in almost a whisper. He looked up and saw me, looking at me dumbfounded.

"Hey," He said, sitting up.

"How you doing?"

"I'm good. How you and Leigh doing?"

"We're fine."

He nodded. "Thats good. You look good."

I half smiled. "Thanks."

We sat down in silence after that. It may have the most awkwardest time between us. There never was a moment like that where we couldn't say anything to each other and it felt weird. Almost like we were strangers.

Then he finally turned to me. "Nicki, we needa talk."

I nodded. "Yeah, we do. You go first."

"Look, Nic," He took my hand, looking down and I saw his wedding ring still on his finger. "I miss you...These past 3 months without you and Leigh been hard for me. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Amaya. But you gotta understand that regardless of her being mine, nothing will change. I still love you and Leighanne the same."

I nodded, wiping my eyes. "I miss you, too. But how am I suppose to deal with being your second baby's mother and having to deal with you being around Vanessa and you guy's child?"

He sighed. "Nicole, you're my wife. Vanessa don't mean nothing to me but being Amaya's mother. I don't feel nothing at all towards her. If I did, I woulda married her. But I didn't because I love you, Nicole."

"Elite, I just don't know," I sniffed. "I love you too but I don't think I could do it."

"Baby, you gotta trust me and believe when I say nothing will change," He said, looking into my eyes. "You trust me?"

I looked down, not sure if I did. But he brought my chin up to look him in his genuine, pleading eyes. I could tell he was serious. No lies, no tricks, nothing but the truth.

"I trust you," I finally said, exhaling. "And I wanna make this work."

He smiled, kissing my lips. His lips felt so good, I forgot how badly I missed them. I deepened the kiss, inhaling his cologne that I loved. Then he pulled away, reaching in his pocket and pulling out my wedding ring.

"Don't take this off again, iight?" He said, slipping it on my finger. I smiled.

"You bring this around everywhere with you?" I asked, looking at the 24 carot shining on my ring finger.

"I kinda knew you'd come here," He shrugged, smiling. I laughed. Then Chris came from the back and walked up to us.

"Y'all wanna meet your new godchild?" He asked, grinning.

Me and Elite followed Chris to Janelle's room and saw her holding an adorable baby boy. She looked up at us and smiled with a couple tears in her eyes.

"Meet Christopher Maurice Brown Jr.," She said, as Chris kissed her forehead. We stood by her bed, looking down at the sleeping newborn, wrapped in a blanket.

"Aww, Jay, he's beautiful," I said, running a finger over his cheek.

"Yeah," Elite agreed, smiling. "Look like Leigh gonna have her first boyfriend soon, huh?"

I laughed and Janelle and Chris joined in. We stayed with them for a little, talking and laughing until visiting hours was over. We left and I walked to my car and Elite followed me.

"You going home?" He asked and I nodded. He sighed taking my hand. "Where's Leigh?"

"At my dad's. I gotta go pick her up."

"Maybe you could let her spend the night at your pops?" He suggested.

"Why?"

"Cuz I want you to spend the night with me," He smiled, pecking my neck. I smiled too.

"Okay," I agreed. I called my dad and asked him if it was okay and he said yes. Then I followed Elite to our house in my car.

As soon as we stepped in the door, he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso. I kissed him deeply, holding the back of his neck with my fingertips.

"I missed you," He whispered, laying me on the couch.

"I missed you too," I said, breathing heavily. He stripped me down to my bra and panties, planting kisses all over me. Then he slid my panties down, kissing between my thighs. I moaned.

"Elite..." I panted as he started going to work. I moaned, moving my hips against his tongue. After I released, he stripped too, picking me up and carrying me to our bedroom and laying me down on the bed.

He climbed on top of me and slid inside of me as if there no tomorrow, making love to me for 3 hours straight, round after round in every position possible. It was one thing that I loved about me and Elite's fights. Make up sex was always the best.

After we both came for the last time, we laid in each other's arms, panting and dripping in sweat. He kissed my forehead.

"Nic?" He whispered.

"Huh?"

Before he could respond, something rumbled outside in the living room and we both sat up, in alert.

"You hear that?" He asked and I nodded. He got up and put on clothes and I did too, following behind him after he took a gun out his dresser.

We made our way to the living room and saw a figure in the darkness. Elite flicked on the light and we saw Misty, aiming a gun at both of us.

"Don't you fucking move," She said, angrily.