Chapter 12 : A Broken Bond Fixed

Nicole

Janelle laid next to me in my bed,, letting me lay in her chest as she rubbed my back. I was still pretty messed up about the whole situation but I was slowly recovering. Elite already paid for therapy sessions for me to go to, but I just didn't want to bring up the situation again. It was in the past and thats where I wanted to leave it.

"What you thinking about, Nic?" She asked, looking down at me.

"About this therapy. Jay, I don't have anything to tell a doctor," I sighed.

"Nicki, its best if you let it out. Talking about bad shit that happens helps the soul heal. I think it would be best if you went. Besides its only gonna take a week."

I nodded. "All of this is my fault. I shoulda told him no in the first place. From the jump when he asked me out to lunch."

"Its not your fault, Nic. You didn't know that that son of bitch was thinking about doing some sick shit like that. Its all on him. I honestly can't wait for Elite and Chris to shank his ass."

I sat up, pulling my hair in a ponytail. "Did you pass your test?"

"Yeah! Thanks to you, baby girl. I guess we're going to med school together," Janelle smiled and I smiled too.

"Aw, I'm so proud of you, Jay," I smiled, hugging her.

"And thats not all," She grinned, happily.

"What?"

"Leigh's gonna have a little playmate," She smiled, rubbing her stomach. I smiled, hugging her again.

"Oh my god, Jay!" I chuckled. "Does Chris know yet?"

"No, I'm keeping it as a surprise. I'm waiting for this whole thing to die down and I'll tell him."

I nodded and looked over at the bedroom door as Elite walked in.

"How you doing, babe?" He asked, stooping to my level at the side of the bed.

"Better I guess," I half smiled a little. I loved how he was being so supportive and caring ever since the rape.

"Well, we found 'em," He announced, sitting next to me on the bed.

"How?" Janelle asked.

"Uh, he was Misty's pimp," He said, looking over at me for my reaction. "She said she'll take me to him and help me."

I nodded, bringing my knees to my chest.

"Nic, she wants to help me...for you. He raped her and abused her too and she didn't even wanna do anything about it until I mentioned that he raped you too."

"Really?" I asked, feeling bad about almost fighting her.

"Yeah," He nodded.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"On the stoop," He said. "You wanna talk to her?"

I nodded and he got up to go get her but I stopped him.

"No, I'll go talk her," I said, standing up. He pecked my forehead and went over to check on Leigh. I made my way to the porch. Misty was standing, folding her arms, staring out at the street, in thought.

"Hey," I said, weakly. She turned around and looked at me.

"Hey," She said, backing up a little bit.

"Look, Misty," I sighed, looking down. "I'm sorry for what happened the other day. I really should've said what I said."

"No, Nicole, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done what I did," She sighed, motioning for me to sit on the swinging chair on the porch. We both sat down. "Nicole, you were like my sister, growing up. A sister I never had. Someone I could call up and talk about serious things and about stupid things. And I couldn't picture ny life without you. What I did was stupid, conniving and cold and I'm sorry. Duran was the only guy who made me feel special so I got attached to him. Too attached that I forgot that best friends don't fuck around with their best friend's boyfriend."

She paused, wiping a tear. "And then you left for Cali and I realized that I could care less about Duran. I no longer had you to call or run to. And you didn't need me either. And I broke apart. But Nic, I'm sorry. I love you and I'm willing to help Elite find that bastard that hurt you."

I nodded and a tear slipped my own eye. I hugged her and we shared a long, silently hug, as we both cried. It may take some time but I knew for sure, i had my best friend back.

We walked back in the house and Elite and Janelle was sitting in the living room with Leighanne. They looked at us in question. I looked at Misty and we both nodded with a smile on our face. Elite let out a sigh of relief.

"We talked it out," I shrugged. "Everything is fine."

Janelle stood up and approached Misty. "I didn't meet you formerly yet but I'm Janelle, Chris's wife."

Misty laughed. "So you're the girl Chris been talking my ear off about. I'm Misty."

"Its nice to meet to you. And I hope he been saying good things," Janelle crossed her arms.

"Of course," Misty laughed again. "All great things."

Janelle nodded and smiled, picking up her purse. "Speaking of him, I gotta meet him home for our afternoon quickie. I'll see y'all later."

We all laughed as she made her way out the living room door. I sat next to Elite and he draped an arm around my shoulder, pecking my lips.

"Nicole, you got a keeper right there," Misty said, sitting next to Leigh on the floor who was playing with her blocks.

I smiled, looking up at him. "Oh trust me, I know."

He smiled and shrugged. "Yeah me too."

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

"Oh shut up," Misty laughed, as Leigh bang the block on the carpet.

"Mis, we gonna do this tonight though, iight?" Elite said seriously.

"But, Elite, we have to get a plan first," She said, looking up at him.

"I already have one," He stood up, walking to get his keys. "Come on."

She stood up and gave me one last hug before they went to the door.

I stopped Elite. "Baby be careful."

He kissed me. "I will."

Then they both left.