Chapter 16 : The Wedding

6 months later...

Elite

I walked up to the wedding setting and looked around. It was beautiful, just like how me and Nicki saw it in the wedding catalog. We decided to go with the Hawaii, beach type wedding, since we both liked beaches. It took a hell of a lot of money and time to plan but looking at it now, I knew it was worth it.

The people we hired to set the wedding up were still placing chairs everywhere and the wedding planner, Suzette, walked up to me, talking on her phone and writing things down on her clipboard, busy as usual.

"Today's the big day," She said to me, still talking to whoever was on the phone.

"Yeah," I frowned, shrugging. She hung up her phone and looked at me with concern on her face.

"Whats wrong? Cold feet?" She asked, noticing the look on my face. "Now, Elite, I spent way too much time planning this gorgeous ass wedding for you to be having second thoughts. You better-"

"Naw, Susie, it ain't like that," I cut her off, seeing that she was clearly getting upset. "I'm just...nervous, you know?"

She smiled, nodding. "Elite, don't trip, okay? You got this. We rehearsed numerous times and you know what to do. And Nicole is a great woman. You don't have anything to be worried about."

I nodded too, dismissing the whole thing. If she only knew that I had a lot to worry about with Amaya being my daughter and Nicole not having a clue about it. I knew I should've told her waaay before and I promised I would've. But I kept putting it off and now its my wedding day and it may be too late to tell her now.

I sighed, sitting at one of the chairs and buried my face in my hands when I felt a hand land on my back. I looked up to see Misty.

"You okay?" She asked. I shook my head no. "Elite, why didn't you just tell her? This shit isn't gonna end well."

"You try telling your fiance and the mother of your child that you got another daughter on the side, Mis," I argued. "It's not easy as reporting the weather."

"Elite, what you gonna do then, huh?" She folded her arms. "You gonna go up there and commit your life to Nicki with this hanging over your conscience? You gonna pretend everything's okay?"

I sucked my teeth, bracing my back in the chair. "Ion know."

"Fine, go ahead. Act like Mymy isn't your daughter. Lie to Nicki in her face and act like shit is all good and dandy."

I stood up. "Why you always pressuring me to do that shit? Ever since you told me Amaya was mine, you been on my ass about telling Nicki. The fuck this has to do with you?"

She looked stunned, but caught an attitude real quick. "Oh hell no, don't come at me like I'm the one that fucked up your relationship. Here I am, trying to be helpful, and you coming at me like that? No you needa watch ya tone."

"Man, Misty, whatever," I said, starting to walk away. She followed me.

"Elite, I'm serious. All the shit you keep in the dark eventually comes to light."

"Okay MIsty, thanks for your advice," I said, annoyed by her. I walked off, leaving her there in the sand by herself.

I walked over to Chris and Janelle, surrounding and talking to someone. Once I got there I was shocked to see Gigi, looking completely different. Her hair was a dark red and she looked like she lost weight.

"Elite!" She squealed, hugging me. I hugged her back.

"Wassup, Gi?" I smiled.

"Oh my god, congratulations! I'm so proud of you and Nicki. Nicki called me to come down for the wedding and I just had to come," She explained.