Chapter 9 : Where I Wanna Be

Misty in MM

Misty

I soaked my body in the bathtub of hot water, recalling the events that just took place. Seeing Nicole and almost being attacked by her, brought me back to a lot of memories. I remember a point of time when we'd talk on the phone for hours about nothing at all, laughing about nothing. We'd finish each other's sentences and buy the same clothes to match and be twins. We were just that close.

Now I could barely apologize to her without her trying to beat my ass. I sighed, closing my eyes and taking a hit of blunt in my hand. I don't know what I got myself into. Vanessa came in with little Amaya, fanning the smoke.

"Misty, what I told you about smoking around my baby? " She semi-yelled, snatching the blunt from me. I sighed, popping my eyes open.

"Nessa, I need this to relax. Just please give me back my fucking blunt," I snapped.

"Hell, no, go somewhere else with all that. I ain't playing witchu, Misty. If Mymy get asthma, I'm fucking suing you," She said, taking a seat on the edge of the tub with Amaya. "What is your problem anyway?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing my ass. What is the problem?" She repeated, stubbornly. I knew she wasn't gonna leave till I told her.

"Elite's girlfriend is my ex best friend," I said.

"Nicole?"

"Yes. We use to be best friends in New York until I fucked around with her boyfriend and we fell off. I went over to their house just now, not having a clue she was there and she tried to beat my ass."

"Umph," Vanessa said, looking down at Amaya. "Why you always stealing somebody's man, Misty, damn. First Duran and now you eyeing Elite?"

"I was. But now that I know she's his girl, I don't want him anymore."

"Whatever, all I know is, you better get away from the both of them. They don't give a fuck bout no one else but theirself. Trust me."

I wondered how Vanessa knew all this but I didn't dare to ask since every time I mentioned Elite's name, she always became defense for no apparent reason. I guess their history went further than my knowledge.

"I need the money though, Nessa, how you expect me to move out without the money I'm making?"

She shrugged. "Do you, Mis. And if Elite drops you because of Nicole, don't say I didn't warn you. Aye but thats none of my business."

She walked out and I went deeper in the tub, holding my breath under the water. After an hour of doing nothing in particular in the bathtub, I got out and wrapped myself in my robe. Vanessa went to the grocery store with Amaya and I was alone.

I made my way to the kitchen and started downing gulps of the Grey Goose Vanessa had in the fridge when the doorbell rang. I went to go it and nearly died at the sight.

"I tried to be nice, Peebles," Ice said, angrily. "But you gone have to get ya ass back on my corner and get me my money."

He pulled me by my wrist and dragged me to his limo. I slapped his arm, trying to break free.

"Ice leave me alone!" I yelled. Unsuccessful, He shoved me in the limo and slammed the door, locking it.

"Shut the fuck up," He said, slapping me hard. "I ain't ask you to speak."

I held my face, crying. "Why do you need me?! I moved on, Ice! You have a thousand hoes working for you. Why the hell do you want me?"

"What you think being a fucking college Professor, pays my bills? The more pussy I got working on the streets the better. Besides you owe me! You need to stop being so fucking stuck up and remember what you use to do! You ain't shit!" He said, slapping me again.

I cried, not doing anything else. I knew I lost the battle. I was back into the life I hated and I couldn't get anyone to save me.

Elite

"You gonna talk to me now?" I asked Nicole who was giving me the silent treatment since MIsty came. I was sitting in front of her at the kitchen table as she fed Leigh.

"Come on, baby, eat," She said to Leigh, ignoring me once again. I sighed, putting my chin on my palm, staring her down.

"Nicole," I said and once she didn't answer, I repeated her name over and over again. "Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole... Nicole-"

"What, Elite?" She snapped, cutting me off.

"You gonna talk to me?" I repeated.

"What is there to talk about?" She got up and covered Leigh's mashed bananas up and putting it in the fridge.

"This Misty situation."

"No, I don't wanna talk about it. What you do with your hoes is none of my business," She said, smartly, taking Leigh and walking toward Leigh's room.

"My hoes?" I repeated, in confusion.

"Yes, your hoes."

"You think I'm fucking around with that girl, Nic?" I asked, hot on her heels.

She shrugged. "Call it what you want."

"Hol' up. Nicki, don't even go there. Misty is just working for me. She needed a job and so I gave her one. Thats all, ion even look at her like that."

She shook her head, placing Leigh in her crib and walking back outside. I grabbed her arms and pinned her against the wall in the hallway.

"You believe me don't you?" I asked her, staring into her eyes.

Tears filled her eyes and she looked away. "I don't even know anymore, Elite."

"Baby, don't say that. You gotta trust that I love you and that no other girl can give me what you do."

"Elite, I just don't know where our relationhip went. Its not the same as it was before. I feel like I'm losing you," She said, crying silently. I got closer to her, kissing her forehead.

"Baby, I ain't going nowhere. I made some mistakes in the past but I love you and this is where I wanna be. With you and Leighanne."

She nodded, looking down. "Did you fuck MIsty?"

"No, baby I told you, it's just business."

"Do you find her attractive?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"No."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my lips. "Elite, I love you and if you ever even think about fucking Misty, me and Leighanne are gone."

"Well, it ain't happening, Nic. So get that out ya mind. I don't want her. I want you," I said wrapping my arms around her waist. I picked her hand up and kissed her ring finger. "And one day, you gonna be Mrs. Siler, believe that."

She smirked, kissing me again. "I better be."