Chapter 8 : Bad Memories

Nicole

I rushed to Misty but was immediately grabbed by Elite as I reached out to swing at her. He trapped me with both arms, making it so I couldn't move.

"What is she doing here?" I yelled, still trying to get outta his grasp.

"Nicki, she works for me," Elite explained. Misty started crying again, walking toward us.

"Nicole, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your fucking apology!" I yelled, finally breaking loose from Elite's grip. "Get the hell outta my house!"

I walked over and picked up Leighanne who was crying and started feeling bad that she had to see her mommy act like that. But once I saw Misty again, I snapped. I rocked her gently walking to me and Elite's room, making sure to slam the door on my way in.

Elite

I drove Misty to Vanessa's house still trying to wrap my head around this drama. Less than 15 minutes ago, shit finally settled. Now I had to deal with this bullshit.

"So what happened?" I asked Misty, as she cried softly.

"It was a long time ago, Elite. I thought she'd gotten over it by now," Misty sniffed.

"What happened?" I repeated.

She sighed. "It was around the time Nicki had to leave for Cali..."

*Flashback*

Nicole left Misty a 6th voicemail and hung up, failing to reach her best friend of 5 years to tell her that she was being forced to move to California. She wiped her tears and decided to pay her boyfriend, Duran, a visit to break the news to him first instead.

The short walk seemed like decades but finally knocking on his door, it took him a good 5 minutes to answer, wearing nothing but his boxers and with sweat running down his chest and face.

"Ba-baby, what you doing here?" Duran stuttered nervously, looking at her.

"Duran, its final. My mom's moving to Cali," Nicole cried, not catching onto his obvious look of anxiousness and guilt.

"Aw, babe, com'ere," He said, pulling her in for a hug. Nicole buried her face in his bare chest, only to realize that he didn't have his natural, clean scent. He smelled more like sex.

She quickly pulled away, looking up at him suspiciously.

"What?" He asked.

"Who's in there?" Nicole questioned, putting a hand on her hip.

"No one, babe...no one is," He said chuckling nervously, trying to play it off but Nicole saw right through it and pushed her way into the house, storming up to his room.

"Nicole!" Duran called after her, running up the stairs to follow her. Not reaching her on time, Nicole opened his bedroom to see her "best friend" Misty, laying on his bed fully ass naked. She gasped, attacking Duran first.

He held her and Nicole gave up on trying to fight away from him and instead broke free from him and attacked Misty. The two friends tackled on the floor, swinging, kicking, biting, and pulling like wild animals as Duran stood back and watched.

The scuffle led to Misty pulling Nicole downstairs in the living room and smacking her hard into the front door. Nicole pulled Misty's long Poetic Justice weave down to the floor and slammed her face onto the wooden floor, ending the fight with a hard punch in Misty's face.

Both bloody, they stood up and panted for air, staring at each other menacingly.

"You bitch! I thought you were my best friend!" Nicole yelled/cried.

"Duran loves me! I had him first! Its not my fault you can't fuck him like I do or lack thereof," Misty remarked, wiping blood from her mouth. "Being a fucking virgin isn't cute anymore, Nicki!"

"Fuck you! I hope you two have a fucking blast!" Nicole yelled, throwing Duran's mother $15,000 vase at both of them, but the two dodged it on time.. "Now clean that shit up, dumb asses."

On that note, Nicole left, literally, heading for Cali the next morning.

*End of Flashback*

"Really, Misty, the fuck you did that for?" I asked, after she finished her story.

"Because I thought me and Duran had something special," Misty sniffed. "I thought he really did love me. But a week later he went to Cali to look for Nicole to get back together with her. He told me he didn't want shit to do with me. And a week after that I found out I was pregnant by him and went to Cali to look for Duran after my mom kicked me out."

I sighed. "Yeah, well, that mu'fucka's dead now."

"What? How?"

"I shot him after he kidnapped Nicki," I said, not really wanting to get into it.

"You what?" She yelled, scaring me.

"You heard me, Misty. That nigga had to go. He was nothing but trouble."

"Oh no, no! Stop the car!" She yelled, crying.

"Misty-"

"Stop the fucking car, Elite!" She yelled again.

"Okay, damn!" I said, pulling over. She got out and slammed the door. "What the fuck you think you doing?"

"I'm leaving! I can't believe you did some shit like that, Elite! You killed Duran over stupid shit?"

"Are you fucking serious? You mad at me about that shit? The nigga played you, hurt Nicki, and tried to kill me and you mad at me for killing him?" I asked, getting out the car too, towering over her.

"You're selfish as fuck! You got Nicki, you couldn't let me have my man? Huh?" She yelled, slamming her fists in my chest. I grabbed her flying fists.

"Misty, stop! Get in the fucking car now!"

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you! Fuck you!" She started walking up the highway and I followed her, picking her up and walking back to my car with her on my shoulder. I threw her in the passenger seat and buckled her up. Then I pulled off, locking the doors.

"Stop the fucking car, Elite! I hate you!" She cried, hysterically. "Let me out!"

"Listen, iight," I said, pulling over again. "I'm the one who pulled yo ass off the streets and gave you a job! Rememba that shit? If you walk out this car, don't even think about showing up and begging me for a job again because once you walk out this fucking car, I'm done witchu! You gonna go straight back to ya pimp, you feel me? So go, I dare you!"

She looked at the door and sighed, not leaving. I nodded, pulling off again. We reached to Vanessa's house and Misty looked at me with red puffy eyes.

"We gonna handle this shit tomorrow. Iight?" I said and she nodded, opening up the passenger door and disappearing toward Vanessa's doorstep. Vanessa opened the door for Misty with her daughter in her hand. I glanced at the little girl, noticing her bright green eyes from a distance.

I shook my head. It can't be what I thought it was. I MUST be trippin'.