Chapter 14 : Surprise

Nicole

I woke up in the middle of the night to Elite standing over me and I sat up, squinting up at him.

"Elite, is everything okay?" I asked. He smiled, taking a seat on the bed, kissing my lips.

"Its all over, Nic," He said, holding my hands.

"With Brian?"

"Everything," He repeated. "But come on, get up. I got a surprise for you."

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 3 in the morning. "Its 3 in the morning, Elite."

"Just come on," He said, helping me up. He told me to get dressed and led me to the front door.

"Where's Leighanne?" I asked, noticing she was gone.

"Baby, no questions, iight? I'll explain later," He said, taking me to his car. I was blinded folded and silenced once again as the car made its way to wherever it was going.

I anxiously anticipated to know where we were going. I sighed, allowing him to the car to his destination, not questioning him anymore. Then we came to a stop.

"Elite," I whined. He laughed.

"Babe, hold on."

I heard him get out the car and make his to my car door, opening it and helping me out. He guided me somewhere and I heard him say something to someone.

"Iight, baby, you could take it off," He said and I immediately did. We were at the beach where we met and fell asleep in each other's arms in for the first time, where a table with candles, rose petals, and dinner plates were on it. I smiled.

"Baby, whats all this?" I asked, looking at Chris dressed in a waiter suit, placing a bottle of champagne on the table.

He smiled, taking my hand. "A little midnight dinner on the beach."

We walked and sat down at the table. Chris placed a menu in front of me.

"We have a special tonight," Chris smiled politely. I looked at the menu and laughed, seeing that the only option on it was steak.

"I guess I'll have the steak," I chuckled again, handing him back the menu.

"Me too," Elite said, giving Chris his menu too.

"Good choice," Chris smiled, walking off to the table with trays and burners under them.

"Elite," I laughed. "This is too cute. What are you up to?"

He shrugged, smiling. "I just thought we'd celebrate."

"Celebrate?"

"Yeah. I'm getting off the streets, Nic," He said, smiling.

I gasped. "Really?"

"Yeah, I'm done with the game. My dad's giving me a job at his company."

I leaned over kissing him. "Baby, thats good!"

He nodded. "I ain't tryna put you in Leigh in danger anymore. I love y'all and I'm gonna change for y'all."

I smiled, stroking his arm. "I'm so proud of you, babe."

He grinned, leaning over to kiss me too. Chris came over again and cleared his throat. We pulled away.

"Um, sir, madam, your steak is ready," He said like he was a real waiter.

He placed a plate of steak, mash potatoes with gravy, and corn in front of us and poured us champagne.

We ate our food, talking about our future. Me about my nursing and him about his future position as an accountant. We even talked about having another baby, in hopes of getting Elite his son.

After dinner, we decided to sit in the sand, to watch the sunrise. We sipped champagne, still talking until he got serious, looking over at me.

"Elite, whats the matter?" I asked.

"Nicole, do you love me?" He asked.

"Of course, I do," I replied, still confused.

"Baby, we been through a lot. And I just really can't picture being without you. I wanna protect you, support you, and love you forever. I always wanna be the first person to see your beautiful face in the morning and the only mother of my kids. I want you to be my girl, my rider, my best friend, and my wife. So..." He got on one knee and dug in his pocket, pulling out a box.

I gasped, letting him take my hand, as tears filled my eyes.

"Nicole Jaycee Blake...baby will you marry me?" He asked, staring into my eyes. I saw the 24 carot diamond ring in the box and a tear fell down my face. I was speechless. Hell, I forgot how to talk.

I nodded slowly. "Yes, baby, yes!"

He grinned widely sliding the ring on my ring finger and hugging me. Overjoyed, I kissed him and cried. This was truly the man I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. The man I was definitely ready to ride for.

After our moment, we watched the sunrise holding each other and out of no where John Legend came onto the beach, near us. I gasped.

"Wassup, J?" Elite said to him standing up and dapping him. "Thanks for coming."

"Its nothing. Is this the beautiful lady?" He asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah, this my fiancé," Elite grinned, pecking my cheek.

"Its nice to meet you, Nicole. Elite told me so much about you," John shook my hand and I shook his, still stunned.

"Its nice to meet you too," I muttered. He smiled and began singing his new song "All Of Me" for me and Elite.

I giggled, nudging Elite. "You never told me you knew John Legend."

He laughed. "He's Chris's third cousin."

I kissed him. "Baby, this is beautiful. I love it. Thank you."

"You better like it. I can't get a refund on all this," He joked. I laughed, nudging him again and listening to John's beautiful voice.

---

Soo the book is slowly coming to an end :( But for all my August Alsina fans, I just started a fan fiction on him called Don't Forget About Me if your interested ;) Check it out!