Chapter 15 : Secret Revealed

Elite

After proposing to Nicole last night, I knew that what I did was the best decision. Getting a legal job to support her and Leigh and getting off the streets was what I needed to do. I made my parents happy, I made Nic happy and I knew in the future, Leigh will be happy too.

I called Misty, Chris, and Jaylen in for a meeting to tell them what I already decided to do.

"Hey, Elite," Misty strolled in my office as I thought things over. She took a seat. "Everything okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, everything's cool."

Right after her, Chris and Jaylen showed up and sat next to Misty.

"Wassup, Lite?" Chris asked.

I sighed, leaning my elbows on the desk. "Look, y'all, I wanted you to come here to tell you that I'm dropping out the game."

"What?" They all said in confusion. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm done."

"But why, E?" Jaylen asked.

"This shit ain't fa' me anymore. I gotta family to take care of now and me and Nicole gonna get married soon, I can't be putting her or Leigh in danger. And-"

"Wait, y'all getting married?" Misty interrupted me, smiling. I nodded. "Oh my god, congratulations!"

I smiled a little. "Thanks."

"So who gonna take ya place?" Jaylen asked.

"Y'all three."

"Us?" Chris repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I trust y'all and I know you got this shit under control," I shrugged.

"Man, E, you sure about this shit?" Jay asked. I nodded.

"Dead serious. I already told Nicole I was out and thats how I'm gonna keep it. I finished everything I needed to finish too, so I'm good."

"Well, you know we got you," Misty said. "We got this shit."

"Shit, I hope so. Lucky gonna strangle me in my sleep if y'all fuck up his business," I laughed.

Chris stood up and dapped me. "Naw, we got you, Lite, forreal."

I nodded and stood up. "Iight, well, I'm out I guess. I gotta meet up with my pops in a few."

"Elite, do you mind taking me home?" Misty asked, standing up too.

"Yeah, sure," I nodded, dapping Chris and Jaylen. "I'll catch y'all lata."

Me and Misty got in my car and headed down to Vanessa's house.

"So you finally tied the knot, huh?" She asked, picking at her nails.

"Yeah, it's official now," I smirked a little.

"I guess that means Nicole took it lightly?" She said, looking at me.

"Took what lightly?" I asked, confused.

"Amaya."

"Amaya? The hell you talking bout, Mis?"

"I thought Vanessa told you," She said, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Told me what? The fuck you talking about?" I repeated, getting impatient.

"She's yours Elite."

"The fuck? No, she's not. Vanessa already told me that Amaya's Paul daughter."

"Who the hell is Paul?" Misty twisted up her nose.

"Her ex. She said he got her pregnant and he dipped."