Chapter 3 : Gotchu

Elite

"Hey, ma," I pecked her cheek after coming into the house.

"Oh my baby!" She squealed, taking Leighanne out my hand and kissing her repeatedly.

"I thought I was ya baby, ma," I said, pretending to be hurt.

"You are," She chuckled, kissing me too. "How's everything?"

"Its cool," I shrugged, taking a seat on the stool by the island in the kitchen.

"Where's Nicole? I thought she'd come with you."

"Nah, she's tired so I gave her a break and me and Leigh chilling for the day," I said, watching my mom already feeding Leighanne with applesauce.

"Aww, poor baby. I know the feeling of being a mother for the first time. Why aren't you helping her, Elite?" She asked tapping my arm.

"I'm tryna provide for my family, ma. I don't even have time for myself," I sighed, eating the grapes on her counter. She folded her arms and gave me the stare.

"Elite, you better not be doing what I think you are to get that money," She said. I looked away, unable to take her stare. Once she realized I hadn't answered, she caught on. "Elite!"

"Ma, its the only way I know how to make money, right now. And it pays me enough."

"Enough for what? The fancy car you drove here with? Your big house? The Rolex on your wrist?" She questioned, tapping my Rolex. She exhaled, sitting next to me. "Baby, you are my son and I love you. But this has to stop. It's the only reason you and your father are still not on good terms right now."

"I really could care less what he thinks, ma, like forreal. He has no business judging me after what he did to you."

She shook her head. "I forgave him, Elite. We're not where we were before but we're working on it. And if I could do it, you can too. He cheated on me Elite, not you. He is still your father and at the end of the day, he loves you and wants whats best for you."

I scoffed, not believing her. My dad could give less of a fuck if I dropped dead right in front of his face. Matter of fact, in his eyes, I was already dead.

"You need to get a real job, Elite. You doing this is putting you, Nicole, and Leighanne in danger."

I looked over at Leighanne who had applesauce all over her face and shirt, turning the cup over to put on her head. I smirked a little and took a deep breath.

"I'll think about it, okay?" I said, picking up Leigh. She nodded and kissed Leigh. Then she kissed my cheek and stared up at me, seriously.

"Elite, I love you. You're my only baby and I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"I know and I love you too, ma," I kissed her cheek and proceeded to go through the front door.

...

I watched Misty open her hotel room looking completely different than she did when I dropped her off earlier. She was clean, all the scars were fairly hidden and she had her medium sized, real hair on her. She was pretty, no doubt about it.

"Hey," She smiled, playing with Leighanne's fingers. "You wanna come in?"

I shrugged and followed her in the room, taking a seat on the couch.

"So what you think?" She asked, twirling around in a big t-shirt and shorts she was wearing. I caught a small sight of a few tattoos she had on her arms and legs

"You clean up nice," I said, smiling a little.

"Thanks, I know," She flipped her hair, taking a seat at the end of her bed. "But, um, whats the next move?"

"Well, I wanna show around and show what you gonna be doing, but uh you need clothes."

"Whats wrong with this?" She asked, looking down at her oversized t-shirt and the tight green shorts.

"Nah, some real clothes. Thats something to wear to go to sleep," I shook my head in disapproval. "You not rolling with me looking like that."

She laughed, rolling her eyes. "Okay, well you gonna help me buy clothes? Because a bitch is kinda running on a Roman Noodle budget right now."

I chuckled, standing up. "Fine but don't expect no Gucci or Fendi shit."

She shrugged. "Thats cool. Lets go."

After buying her a few outfits and shoes in the mall at a few stores she wanted to go in, she changed and we was rolling around downtown where business took place.

"Iight now this is the hood. Niggas down here buy weed like they buy food. And so this where you gonna be most of the time."

"You want me to work in this dangerous ass neighborhood?"

"I thought you was a tough bitch?" I asked, mocking her from earlier. She laughed.

"Oh yeah, no doubt, no doubt."

"Yeah but you gonna be in this strip club doing business," I pointed to Lucky's strip. "The regular niggas know where to come and so they'll come to you, iight?"

I nodded. "So what else I gotta do? Just sell? Or do I have to fuck niggas too?"

"Not if you want to," I said, giving her a look.

"Nah, I'm cool," She shook her head. I nodded.

"Iight, then."

We made a few more spins, so I could get her familiar with the neighborhood and I introduced her to some more of my niggas on my team just in case she got in any trouble. Then I brought her back to the hotel. I pulled up in the parking lot and she looked over at me, sadly.

"I just wanted to say thanks again, Elite. I really appreciate you doing all this for me. I don't know where'd I'd go if you hadn't done this."

"Where's your family?"

"In New York. I left them after I got pregnant by my ex-boyfriend and they tried to make me kill it. So I came over here because he was over here but I never found him and I ended up having nowhere to go."

"So you started prostituting?" I asked. She nodded, looking down.

"I met Ice, my pimp, and he told me he'd take care of me and my baby. So I went with him. But eventually my baby died after he beat the shit outta me one night and started abusing me afterwards. I got tired of being abused and I dipped. Now here I am."

"You know I got you, Misty, but you gotta have me too. Shit, this business ain't easy already as it is and I don't need no snakes on my team you feel me?"

"I'm not a snake nor have I ever been one. I'm real ass bitch and soon you not gonna question that," She stated seriously.

"Yeah, I hope so."

She looked back and gave Leigh a kiss before turning back to me.

"Do I start tomorrow?" She asked.

"If you want to. You don't needa start so soon though. You could wait a couple of days to rest and get yaself together."

"Nah, money has to be made, I don't mind," She insisted. I threw my hands up in surrender.

"I ain't stopping you shawty," I said. She smiled and placed a hand on my knee.

"Goodnight, Elite."

"Goodnight, Misty."

She got out and disappeared in the hotel. I looked back at Leigh sleeping peacefully in her car seat and decided it was that time to take her and myself back home to mommy.