Bones

*Requested by @The_Lupine_Sojourner*

Ever since you've been accepted to the academy and became friends with Kirk, you've had a complicated relationship with his friend, Leonard McCoy or better known as Bones. It's not that you both don't like each other, it's just that you're both completely opposites of the other. For example, you're an engineer while Bones is a doctor and you both have different interests and personalities. It also doesn't help that Kirk teases you both since he believes that you guys are meant to be.

One day during one day during lunchtime, Kirk and Bones walk towards where you were at, which is the same table you guys usually eat at, and started arguing about an upcoming test.

Kirk says, "I don't need to study, Bones! I know I'm going to pass, so far I've passed all of my tests! Tell him, Y/N!" I look up from my book and give Kirk a look while saying , "Yeah barely and isn't this the hardest test of the year?" Bones says in a grumpy way, "Yes and no one has passed-" Kirk interrupts him by saying while sitting down "Till me tomorrow! Watch and see! I'll happily make a bet with you guys."

As Bones sits down, we give each other a look and we looked back at our friend. Bones asks him, "Okay what kind of bet are we talking about exactly?" Kirk does a half smirk, which causes me to roll my eyes, and says, "If I pass tomorrow then you guys go out."

A laugh comes from my mouth and I ask him, "Seriously Kirk? You're still on that?" Kirk nods while motioning between me and Bones, "You two are simply meant to be and I know just know it." Bones and I share another look and then Bones says, "Okay if you don't pass tomorrow then you'll drop the topic of me and Y/N."

You get a little bit of butterflies but brush it off as you know you two won't work together. Then you added while being sassy, "And you've got to stop sleeping around with different women." Kirk groans and says in a whiny manner, "But Y/N! That brings me happiness!" Bones and I both laugh and I said, "Well that's too bad. It's either deal or no deal."

Kirk groans again and runs his hand through his hair again. Kirk sighs and says, "You're evil, I hope you know that." I giggle and smile while saying "I know, so what's it going to be?" Kirk sticks his tongue out and says, "It's a deal you guys." Bones chuckles, while looking away from Y/N with admiration, and says "Oh we're excited to see you fail tomorrow."

Unknown to the other, Bones and Y/N both secretly hope that Kirk does pass the test tomorrow.

*The Next Day After The Exam*

Bones rolls his eyes at Kirk as he keeps bragging about passing the test. I rub my head as he keeps going on and I said dryly, "Yeah yeah we get, Kirk! You've passed the hardest test! What do you want? A reward?" Kirk snickers and smirks, "Well yes I do! Since I won our little bet, you guys have to go out."

Bones looks over at me and says, "We did make a deal, Y/N." I sigh and give a look at Kirk, "I supposed that we did." Bones looks at my face to see if there's any hesitation and says, "If you don't want to go out with me, it's fine. It is a bet that we made our idiotic friend." Kirk gives his friend a look and says in an offended tone, "Hey!"

We both ignore him and I look at Bones, "Well it's complicated but I do have a small crush on you so I'd love to go on a date with you." Bones gives a confused look and asked, "May I ask why it's complicated?" I sigh while playing with my necklace and said, "Only because we're different from the other but it's not a bad thing at all."

Bones smiles slightly and nods, "I understand, darlin. I do have a small crush on you too and how about that date this Friday?" I smile while holding his hand, "It's a date then."

Kirk smiles at his two closest friends and got happy that they finally confessed to the other.