Scotty

*Requested by EmilyCorn2. Enjoy.*

Ever since the start of the U. S. S Enterprise started her 5 year trip, I've had a crush on my best friend Scotty. He probably doesn't feel the same way and my best girl friend, Betty Cooper, has been trying to help me tell him.

Betty comes up to me during lunch and says "Okay I've got a plan for you to tell Scotty." I look up from my medical paper and ask "What's the plan?" Betty says "Okay, since I'm an engineer, I can talk to him while working and I can say how amazing you are and how bloody smart you are." I shrug and say "Is that really going to work, Betty?" She shrugs and says softly "It's worth a shot though." I nod and we continue eating.

During the day, I get more and more nervous and anxious. Bones notices and asks "What's the matter, darling?" I say nervously "Betty is going to going to try to tell Scotty how I feel about him." Bones says "I wish you the luck and maybe you can distract yourself with work." I nod and I continue to do paperwork.

30 minutes pass from talking to Bones and my other best friend, Y/F/N, runs and catches his breath. He says breathily "I really need to work to work out more.. where's Y/N?" Carol says softly "At her desk." Bones half yells "What the hell, Y/F/N? Why the hell did you run here?" Y/F/N comes to me and says softly "hey Y/N... I need to tell you something." I ask "What is it??" Y/F/N says softly and while still catching his breath "I overheard Betty asking Scotty out for dinner and he said yes." I get teary eye that Betty would do that and Scotty would say yes. Y/F/N hugs me and I start crying hard.

*a few weeks later*

Ever since Betty and Scotty have been going out, she's been making fun of me for not making a move on him. Whenever they go to the cafeteria, she would always smirk at me and show too much of affection. And whenever Scotty and I talk, she would glare at me and call him over to her.

One day, Scotty comes up to me in med bay and I get surprised. I say softly "Hey Scotty.. should you be in-" Scotty says "Yes I should but I wanted to say to you that Betty has been transferred to another Star Fleet because of her making fun of you and I broke up with her because I love you and I tried getting over you with her." get even more surprised and say "R-really?" Scotty nods and says softly "Would you like to go on a date with me, Y/N?" I smile and nod "I would love to go on a date with you, Scotty." Y/F/N cheers and Kirk gives everyone $20 because he lost a bet, once again.