Chapter 4: Team of Genin

After staring into my closet for a few minutes I decide on wearing my white leather pants that continue in a soft fabric from the knees down, allowing easy movement. The stitching of the pants is in a soft pink. Above it, I wear a skin tight white long sleeved shirt that ends on the widest part of my hips and a chainmail sleeveless shirt over it. The long sleeves are cut at the elbow and a button is keeping the lower parts connected, leaving my elbows exposed and making it so I can take off the sleeves easily when necessary, while keeping a lot of things hidden as long as I wear them. To top it off, I wear a sleeveless gray vest with a hoodie that stops a few inches lower than my shirt. I put on white battle boots with the same soft pink accents as my pants. My hitai-ate is on a white cloth around my neck. My hair is in high ponytail, with a lock of it loose to frame my face. I love the white leather, but as an ANBU I didn't wear it too often. The red of blood is almost impossible to get out, but since I don't expect any mission that would actually require me to dirty my clothing at all, I'm guessing this outfit will do nicely after the orange jumpsuits of the last year.

After getting dressed, I head for the academy. We'll see if I was right about the teams compositions! Kurama, any ideas on who the Sensei's will be? I know I'll get Kaka-nii, since Jiji said so. Probably some jounin. There were no other ANBU members interested anyway. Yeah, guess not. Mizuki-sensei provided me enough entertainment last night to make me last for a while, which is a good thing, because I don't expect many opportunities to go on good missions now that I'll be part of a team.

When I arrive in the classroom, half of the class is already there. I see a lot of students I've written off in possession of a hitai-ate. So, another test then before it's official? You know, kit, it's pretty arrogant to assume you're right and that something still needs to be done instead of even considering you might have been wrong. So, you think I'm wrong? No, but you are arrogant... Thanks, I do try... The students are staring at me. I catch whispers of "Who's that?" and "He's hot" over the murmur now in the classroom. I sit down at my usual spot. Like always, I slump over the desk, but instead of the fake happy air around me that I used to carry, I'm not showing any emotion at all. Because of the oh so familiar slump however, the murmur changes to one of recognition, but it quickly dies out. Maybe they figured out someone can actually wear different outfits?

Shikamaru walks in the class, looks up at me, then looks at his seat before looking back at me in surprise. As he walks over to me, I see Sasuke enter the class as well. As Sasuke sees Shikamaru walking over to me, he is quick to join. "What? Gonna play twenty questions with me or something?" I ask in an emotionless tone, face also emotionless.

"Well, you did say that after we graduate, you would answer questions." Shikamaru reminds me.

"I said maybe. Besides, we're not official genin yet. Let's meet up Saturday afternoon and I'll answer three questions. Think carefully about what you will ask. I promise I'll answer as close to the truth as I'm permitted, but if you ask the wrong questions, I might not be able to answer at all."

Before either Shikamaru or Sasuke can say anything, Ino and Sakura walk in the room. Both see my new look, but don't really react to it. "Naruto, let me sit there, I want to sit the last day next to my Sasuke-kun!" Sakura starts.

"No, I'm sitting there, forehead, like he wants to sit with you!" Ino throws at Sakura.

"Shut up you both and sit where you normally sit." I say in a cold voice.

"What? Naruto-baka, just move already!" Sakura moves to push me off my seat. Normally I would let her as part I'll my act, but now I just ignore her pushing. It looks like she's pushing at a wall while I just stay unmoved. "Naruto-baka, move!" She moves to hit me. I grab her hand and twist it until I see it hurts her.