37: Huge Kitties

"Thanks, Pipes. It looks great." Will smiled, running a hand through the newly cut hair.

"It really does..." Nico muttered, staring.

"That's gay, Nico." Piper commented.

"Good." Will stated.

"I BROUGHT FOOD AND CAT TREATS!" Hazel yelled, holding up two bags as she broke into the apartment. Will looked genuinely scared for a moment, purely at the fact that someone was yelling suddenly. His eyes widened.

"Oh! I'm sorry if I startled you, Will, I'm just really excited to see you." Hazel apologized quickly.

"It's fine. You brought cat treats?" Will questioned, calming himself down quickly.

"Yeah! I wanted to see if Luna and Solare would like them! They're good kitties, they deserve treats. If they eat. Hug, Will?" She set down the bags quickly, opening her arms. Will hugged her quickly.

"I'm always open to hugs. How's, uh, Frank been?" Will asked her.

"He's great! Same with the rest of us. The real question, Will, is what happened?" Hazel asked him curiously. Will held tight onto Nico's hand.

"N-Nat-Natalie, uh, kidnapped me. And shit. And was quite mean to me in the process. I mean, I guess it wasn't really, kidnapping? What's the line between kidnapping and uh, abduction?" He questioned, mostly to himself.

"It's based on how the abduction was done, I believe. I'd call what happened kidnapping." Piper replied.

"Oh, are you okay? I'm sorry that happened! Didn't you check Natalie's house, Nico?" Hazel asked.

"I did. Every room. Including the basement." Nico told her.

"I was relocated, at some point. She just... Grabbed me, blindfolded me, and shoved me around a bunch. I didn't know where I was in the first place." Will explained.

"What was keeping you from taking the blindfold off?" Hazel questioned.

"Shackles? Or, just handcuffs, I guess... I don't know, I just uh, kind of ragdolled? I zoned out a lot. As much as possible. So I didn't have to pay attention. It was just, uh, a bit easier to do so." Will didn't keep eye contact, with anyone. He leaned into Nico, holding onto his hand tightly. Nico sensed tension, and how uncomfortable Will was.

"I don't know where Luna and Solare currently are, they're probably in the bedroom. You couldn't miss them, really." Nico informed Hazel. She smiled and set off to find them.

"How big are they now?" Piper asked.

"I believe they're just barely bigger than the average cat now? They just keep fucking growing, it's amazing. I can't wait until they're full lions."

"Nico! The kitties are huge! Come here and look at them cuddling, they refuse to move." Hazel told the group excitedly. Will raised an eyebrow and got up, walking with Nico to see the cats.

They were large cats. Really. Luna and Solare were both around the size of your typical Lynx, cuddled up together and purring happily. Luna, still, was smaller and fluffier than Solare. They were both fairly soft, and fairly normal cat looking, though Solare was a small bit transparent. Not even Pan could likely explain how the creatures existed.

Luna looked up and noticed Will. She stood up, stretching and going to rub against him, purring loudly.

"Looks like she missed you." Piper commented.

"Of course she did. She loves me." Will chuckled, petting the fluffy cat.

"Will, why were you in weird sweatpants when I picked you up?" Nico asked him quietly. Will froze up, for just a moment, but seemed to compose himself fairly quickly simply by petting Luna.

"I didn't... have clothes on when I was found." Will whispered to him. Nico's eyes widened, looking surprised.

"Solare! Will, get the cat version of you to at least try and eat the treat! She needs to know she's a good cat!" Hazel groaned.

"Solare, try the treat." Will told the cat, happy to change the subject. Solare seemed to glare at Will for a moment before listening, trying the treat.

"I must say, the cats are kind of fascinating." Piper commented.

"They are really cool." Will agreed. Solare meowed at Luna, gladly eating the treats Hazel was giving her and seeming to tell Luna to have some too.

"Daw! That's adorable. They really love each other." Hazel smiled.