38: Kissy Kiss

"Psst... Will..." Nico fake-whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Why in Hades' name are you doing stuff right now? Cuddles, love. Only cuddles."

"I have to get ready for school, Nico. I wanna get my shit together for after break." Will stated.

"Nooo you don't. No school. You need more time to relax and such. You just got back from being kidnapped. And I need to be here for you. No school." Nico told him.

"I missed a lot of school, love, I should get my work together."

"Or we could just drop out. It'd be a lot less stress." Nico suggested.

"That's... A good idea. Don't you want the normal life, though?"

"What I want is to cuddle you and relax, Will. The normal life is stressful for us, you especially. We should have at least a few weeks of just nothingness. No school." Nico reasoned.

"I mean, I wouldn't worry about my stress, I don't really matter. That sounds nice though, just... Relaxing for a bit." Will finally gave in, laying down with Nico and pulling him close.

"You do matter, Will." Nico told him seriously.

"Yeah, I guess. Kissy kiss?"

"No kissy kiss until you admit that you matter, William. You are human. You matter." Nico stated.

"I matter. I'm sorry for being so... Emo, I just-" Nico cut him off with a kiss.

"Don't be sorry. It is my job though, sunshine boy. I'm supposed to be the emo one. You're the happy one." Nico teased.

"I'll try to be that more. I can't go takin' your job. You should be happy too, though. Tell me if I'm ever not making you happy."

"You make me very happy Will." Nico assured. He found himself tracing the scars on Will's back, and Will found himself doing the same on Nico's. Nico seemed a bit fixated on one part of Will's back, though.

"It's the N, huh?" Will commented.

"It's just... So evil of her. To do that. It's slightly unbelievable."

"I'm sure you've dealt with more evil than that, love, and probably far worse. It's just a stupid letter." Will told him. Quietly, he added, "She's done worse anyway."

"Don't compare experiences, Will."

"Yeah, yeah. Kissy kiss?" Nico kissed Will quickly.

"You're adorable." Nico chuckled.

"What? It's the best way to ask for a kiss. You're cuter anyway."

"I am not. And I never said that it was a bad way to ask for a kiss, just that it's a very cute way to do it."

"Mhm..."

"Hey Will?" Nico asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"I missed you. A lot."

Will smiled, "I missed you too. You're all that I ever think of, really, love. I mean, I guess that might be kinda weird, but... You're just so amazing."

"Hades wrote me, last week. He wants me for thanksgiving, as a family type thing. Me and Hazel." Nico mentioned suddenly.

"Oh? Are you planning on going?" Will questioned.

"I was thinking you could come with me. Only if you want to, of course. Hazel's bringing Frank. I think Hades would like you."

"Oh. That sounds alright, sure. Does he know that you're gay? Is he okay with it?"

"I haven't told him quite yet. I'm not worried, though. Most of the gods are more than okay with sexuality."

"Alright. Yeah, I'll do that. Sounds easy enough. It's just for dinner, right? So y'all can catch up or whatever?"

"Exactly. Just dinner. It should be fairly simple, just going and talking story."

"Awesome. I'll try to dress up, somewhat."