30: Shoes

"Oh hey, Will," Nico started, walking out of the bedroom.

"Yeah. I mean, I only could tell because they were getting stalked by a monster. Yeah. You can try, have me be there before telling them anything. I'd just know better. Pfft, no, I'm just more experienced. Yeah. Is he really? I'm not surprised, he always seemed pretty damn cool. Wow. Yeah, that's cool. Ah oops I gotta go, Nico looks like he wants to hang out. Damn right he's more important. Yeah. Bye." Will hung up on whoever he was talking to. "Yeah?"

"I was just going to ask why you have this jacket? It seems a bit small for you. I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation." Nico held up an old, pretty worn down jacket.

"The conversation was nearin' the end anyway, no worries. Michael Yew, don't know if you remember or knew him, gave it to me. I just never felt like getting rid of it." Will explained. "It definitely doesn't fit me anymore."

"Oh. Okay, that's fair. I'll keep it more off to the side so I know not to touch it? I'm going through and trashing a lot of unnecessary items." Nico informed.

"That sounds good. I'll join you in that cleanup, actually." Will stood up, following Nico and starting to clean up a bit himself.

"I have a question, Will." Nico said, already sounding incredulous.

"Yeah?"

"Where are your pants?"

"What?"

"Why. Do you not own. Any fucking pants. It's all shorts. You don't own jeans, anything. The closest thing to actual pants you have are sweatpants. Will. What the fuck." Nico gestured to Will's pile of just shorts. Only shorts. Will was laughing.

"Look, man, I'm always hot. Always too hot. Actual pants would kill me."

"Will, I know that you're hot, I've seen your chest, that has nothing to with the fact that you don't fucking own pants, Will." Nico scolded. Will laughed more.

"Did you just call me hot? And leave me alone, it's always too warm for pants." Will told him.

"Don't be surprised, Will, I almost died when I saw your chest, of course you're hot. And unbelievable. Do you not own anything but sandals, too? Will. Oh my gods." Nico threw a sandal at Will. And another. And another.

"Don't make fun of my shitty fashion choices, sir." He threw the sandals back at Nico.

"Why... Why am I witnessing a shoe fight. What is happening." Thalia stared at the two, leaning in the doorway.

"How'd you get in?" Will asked her.

"Piper gave me one of her spare keys. I wouldn't need it anyway, since you didn't lock the door. Which you really should do, now that you're in a relationship."

"We were just arguing about the fact that he only has sandals and flip-flops." Nico explained quickly.

"You're terrible. I was told that you had good chocolate here and I didn't find any of it." Thalia told them.

"Did you break in just to take our chocolate?" Will questioned.

"Yes? Of course. I love some good chocolate. Where is it?"

"Fridge door, behind the cokes." Nico told her.

"Don't eat all of it!" Will called as she walked out. "At some point we have to start breaking into the other people's places too."

"Of course. Now, tell me, why do you not own actual shoes?" Nico asked him. Will chuckled and shrugged.

"Sandals are easier. Plus, as a kid of the sun, I gotta have a beach boy look going." Will told him.

"You're the worst."