Chapter 10

Keith lept awake when the alarms began to go off.

What's wrong now? Keith thought as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Another team building exercise? We're a bit old for those...

Beside him, Lance stirred as sat up.

"Wha-?"

"Paladins! We are under attack!"

The panic in Allura's voice was enough to make the two leap out bed and into the hallway. The two sprinted down the hall and quickly made their way into their lions' hanger. There was chatter on the coms as soon as Keith put on his helmet.

"Allura, what are these things?"

Keith didn't know what they were fighting, but judging by the sound of Hunk's voice, he didn't know either.

"Those are the Tekgara's!" Allure replied.

"What?!" Pidge shouted. "These are Tekgara's?"

Keith quickly moved into Red and in a matter of seconds, he was out of the Castle and was finally able to see what they were fighting. Small ships moving at speeds that Keith couldn't understand were firing upon the other lion's.

"Yes!" Allura told her. "I can feel them. They are Tekgara's."

Red moved in to attack what ships were in view. For a strange reason, Keith felt calm. It was indeed strange, but this calmness that he had was better than sheer panic that he usually felt during battle.

Firing upon the ships and watching as they fell one by one, Keith for a second felt like they were winning. That was until a large ship, something close to what comes out of Star Wars entered their position.

"Shit..." Keith heard Lance sware over the coms.

In a matter of moments, new enemy ships were piling out of the ship. Shots were flying everywhere and Keith had a hard time maneuvering around them. The panic was starting to settle in.

"Guys, listen to me." It was Pidge. "Allura had told me that the Tekgara can transfer their souls or something into another object. I honestly don't see how they can do it... But, if someone can get to the ship and shut it down, we can shut them down!"

"You waited to tell us this now?!" Lance's angry voice came over the coms.

"I didn't get the chance to, nor did Allura! Now, someone get to that ship!"

Keith gave a huff and looked at the large ship.

"I'll go!" Keith announced, and before Lance could argue, "Red is the fastest!"

Pulling on the lever, Keith turned Red around and she shot off towards the ship. Keith expected the smaller ships to come after him, though he was quite surprised when only a few flew by.

Red gave a growl and a quick movement, Keith felt himself being ejected from his seat in his lion. Grunting, the red paladin adjusted his course with his pack and as quickly as he could, he moved to the side of the ship.