Chapter 1

Lance gave a small groan when he opens his eyes only to be hit in the face with a beam a light. For a moment he panicked, scrambling to grab the Bayard that was next to him, facing the weapon towards the beam of light. Though in his panic, his eyes adjusted to the room that was laid out before him. In a nervous gulp, Lance was able to make out the familiar gray basket in the corner of the room.

Clothes. He thought quickly as he lowered the weapon, returning it back to its original form. My room... Lance gave a relieved sigh as he rubbed his temple. Then he glanced towards the empty space next to him. Internally he was grateful that Keith wasn't beside him when he was in his panicked state.

Sighing once more, Lance threw off the covers and moved towards the bathroom. The moment the lights turned on and Lance looked at himself through the mirror, he could only stare. His reflection wasn't the only thing that Lance hated about himself.

This is what war does. He told himself as his first instinct was to blame the war. Lance never looked at himself the same way since he first saw what his face has become. It was like a chunk of flesh was ripped from his face and replaced with a skin color that wasn't his own.

His gaze moves elsewhere, afraid of what thoughts would appear this time. He turned to the cabinet and opened it. He searched the shelves, his eyes narrowing when he couldn't find what he was looking for.

My memories aren't the greatest. Lance closed the cabinet and proceeded to make his way out of his room and into the living room. The tv was on and Lance was quick to make out the familiar purple ears of Amor. There wasn't a moment when Lance was reminded of the original Amor, Keith's half-brother.

Lance looked over at the kitchen where he could see Keith packing a lunch for Amor. For a moment, Lance wondered why Keith was doing such a thing. He then moved towards his husband and gently wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Good morning to you too," Keith gave a small chuckle, his head turning to give Lance a kiss.

Lance just hummed and then looked over at the counter where he could see his medication. He would always forget that the bottle was no longer in the bathroom.

"I made you some breakfast," Keith spoke up, his finger pointing to the fridge. "I know how much you love your protein shakes, though I hope you don't mind the flavor."

"Oh?" Lance gave Keith a quick kiss and when to the fridge and pulled out the shake.

As he tasted the shake, he watched as Amor moved into the kitchen, backpack in hand and the lunch box in the other. Lance blinked when he saw how tall Amor was getting.

"How old are you again?" Lance asked, earning a glare from both Amor and Keith.

"I'm 16, Dad," Amor rolled his eyes before he turned headed to the door. "See you after school Dads."

Lance waved goodbye and then looked at Keith. Though he couldn't help but stare. It seemed that whenever Lance saw Keith, he was reminded how hot his husband was. Though as he finally snapped out of his little daydream, he could see that Keith was giving him a glare.

"What?" Lance asked.

Did I do something wrong? The thought is what made Lance shrink away from Keith's gaze. Ever since his night terrors became a problem, Keith didn't seem to look at him the same way.

"Lance," Keith spoke up, the soft tone made Lance glance back at him.

Keith was holding out the pill bottle and a glass of water. Lance didn't even hear the sink go off and he wondered if his old age was finally getting to him.

"Sorry," he mumbled take both out of Keith's hand.

He was quick to swallow the pill and drink the water. Though he silently stared at the cup after. Though he really didn't expect Keith to brush up against him in a gentle hug. Lance tensed but only glanced at Keith.

"You had another attack didn't you?" Keith asked in a quiet voice.

"Yeah... I did," he mumbled back.

Keith looked over before he moved to give Lance a kiss. For a moment, Lance held him close and kissed back.

"I need to go to work soon," Keith told him, his blue eyes shining with mischief.

"When?" Lance questioned, a little smirk on his face.

"In 20 minutes."

Lance chuckled. Keith always knew how to bring him out of his depressed state.

"I can work with that."

With that, Lance scooped Keith up and into the bedroom they went.

———————————

Since y'all wanted a sequel and since I have a good plot- I'm back with more for Klance.

I do hope you enjoy this chapter!

Though please tell me if anything is wrong, I would greatly appreciate it!

-RedPaladinKeith

———————————