Chapter 4

"PTSD?" Lance questioned, his mouth hanging open in the news.

Keith didn't seem as surprised as Lance was, though his husband had his hand on Lance's leg, rubbing comforting circles.

"Yes, Everything you have told me makes it clear to me that you do in fact have PTSD."

Lance didn't really know what to think about this news. How could he have something like this happen to him? He knew how often Shiro would get his terrors many years ago when they were off saving the galaxy.

"Don't worry, Mr. McClain," the doctor spoke up, "It'll be fine. I'll just prescribe you some medicine that'll keep your terrors from being triggered as easily."

Lance only nodded. Though he was glad that Keith finally was able to speak up and ask his questions. Lance didn't really listen, he was just lost.

What happened to me? He thought. He didn't remember much, as all his memories of the war were either replaced by new, happy memories or were just a blur. Though he remembered the end of the war. Clear as day.

"Thank you," Keith was saying as he stood, taking Lance with him.

"You're welcome."

In a moment, Keith was leading Lance out the door and out of the building. Keith knew how much Lance hated hospitals, so Lance was glad that Keith was able to get him out of building as fast as he could.

Both of them were silent on their way home. Lance just stared out the window, lost in thought while feeling the uneasy looks Keith was giving him. Lance didn't know if those looks were good or not. He didn't remember Keith ever looking that way when Shiro had his terrors. Lance decided to pretend to ignore them, since he was pretty good with doing that already.

As soon the car pulled into the driveway, Amor's head could be seen through the window. His friend, Ned, a kid that live down the street and (as far as Keith and Lance knew) one of the only kids to know Amor's real form.

"Welcome back dads!" Amor calls from the open when Lance and Keith get out of the car.

Lance merely forces a smile and a friendly wave, before he made his way into the house. Though as he came in, was surprised by the little mess that was made in the kitchen. Amor and Ned seemed to have been trying to clean whatever experiment before Lance and Keith came home.

"Sorry about the mess," Ned spoke up.

Ned was a short, rather plump kid with dark air and eyes. He and Amor bonded over their love of Star Wars.

Lance gave him a smile, "Well, no harm has come to the house, just clean the nest you can."

Amor and Ned looked at each other before they just chuckled and went back to their cleaning.

"Are you kids hungry?" Keith asked once he snapped his eyes away from the mess.

"No sir," Ned said, "maybe in a little bit."

"Hmm, Alright," Keith said as he wrapped his arms around Lance's arm, "Call when you're ready for dinner. Maybe we can go to Olive Garden?"

Amor's eyes lit up at the mention of his favorite restaurant and the two began to scrub the table. Lance heard Keith chuckle as he pulled Lance into their room. Lance didn't complain when Keith sat him on the bed and closed the door. And odd silence feel over them. Lance watched as Keith struggled to find the words he was trying to say. There was no doubt in his mind that this was going to be about his ptsd.

"I think you should talk to Shiro about your condition," Keith finally said. "He knows the most about it."

Lance looked at his hands. "Fine by me."

They were silent for another few moments before Keith came over and seated himself next to Lance. The thoughts of having ptsd scared him. What if something happened? What if he snapped and tried to hurt someone?

"Shiro lives across the city," he told him. "You can just call and go whenever you like."

Lance wondered when Keith found this information as Lance only found out about Shiro and Allura moving that day.

"Yeah, I know." Lance told him. "Just, right now. It's odd to know something is wrong with me. Something that could potentially put you and Amor in danger if not treated right..."

Keith's expression grew guarded. "I know, but I can handle myself when it comes to that. Amor, he's strong. He won't judge."

Lance looked back at him with an fearful look, but hung his head.

"Alright..."

As soon as those words left his lips, the door flung open and Amor was wearing a proud look on his face.

"We're done," he said, seemingly not noticing the slight tension in the room. "Let's go, Ned is starving!"

Then the 16 year old dashed away. Lance heard Keith give a small sigh, but with a smile on his face.

"Let's not worry about this right now," he told him, "let's have a nice family dinner, with the exception of Ned and have a good night."

Lance didn't want to say anything, though he just nodded and watched as Keith went out the door. Lance sat in the room for a moment before he gave a sigh.

"Let's not worry about it." He then got up and left with his family.

———————————

OMG Guys I'm so sorry!! I've graduated and all my times goes into work and other projects! I hope this chapter is good for you guys! 😰

-RedPaladinKeith

———————————