K is for Konfusion

"Hey K." Namjoon chimed, grinning at the rosy haired girl. "Could I talk to you for a sec?"

K, also known as Kyulkyung. She was graduating this year, one of the most well rounded students in the school. Despite the good grades, she maintained a badass personality which was one not to be messed with.

Out of the Golden Boys, she knew Namjoon and Taehyung the best, because well she used to date Taehyung, and Namjoon was just that boy everyone likes.

(look at me, giving these weird character introductions so late into the book aHA RIP)

She looked at her friends, before nodding with a pristine smile. "Sure."

Namjoon smiled small, heading out of the lounge with her.

"Listen Joonie, if this is about borrowing my motorcycle, forget it. It's not happening, I don't know what you'll do with those destructive hands of yours." Her eyes gleamed.

"But maybe get my girl Han to give you a spin on hers?"

"It's not that." He laughed. "It's kinda' about Solji?"

"Who? Dead girl?"

"Uh, yeah." He cringed, not sure how to word it. "Were you friends with her?"

Kyulkyung sighed, shrugging off her jacket.

"Yeah, we were. W-Why do you want to know?"

"It's nothing."

"You sleuthing again?"

His eyes widened, much to her delight.

"Don't worry. I didn't kill her, Yezi did."

"But someone killed Yezi."

"Why don't you buy me a coffee and I'll tell you everything I could possibly know?" She grinned like the Cheshire Cat.

"Solji wasn't perfect. Everyone thought she was, but she had a lot of secrets. It seemed like they finally got to her."

⭐️

"I came as fast as I could." Hani drawled, tossing her keys to Kyulkyung. "What is it?"

"I wanted to invite you in on this. Just so you wouldn't misunderstand."

Hani nodded slowly, getting the memo before slumping next to Namjoon. He scooted closer to her, not hesitating to squeeze her knee.

"K was close friends with Solji."

"I know." Hani mumbled. "I probably should've told you that, right?"

He nodded thinly. "You probably should have."

"Sorry."

"It's in the past."

"Okay," K shot the two a weird look. "Are the lovebirds done arguing?"

"Shut it Pinky." Hani sneered, humor alight. "Tell us what you know."

"Don't call me that."

"Can we—stay focused?" Namjoon pleaded. They subsided, fortunately.

"Solji was friends with what's her face—" Kyulkyung snapped her fingers, trying to remember. "—Sana. Back like before that girl Jennie left."

"But Solji was really popular..."

"Doesn't that make it weird that she socialized with a bunch of nerds? I know, that's what I thought too." K shrugged. "She used to be super secretive back then. The only things our group really knew was that she was desperately in love with this one boy, her boyfriend."

"What was his name? Junhoe?"

"We called him June." Kyulkyung reminisced. "I'm pretty sure they were going to marry each other, that's how serious they had been."

"Like an old version of ChaeMin." Hani translated, referring to two of Namjoon's friends. He nodded.

"I don't know much about them, sorry. All I know is that Solji's new friends right up until Jennie's disappearance, they were bad news for her. I think that if she hadn't have met them, then she wouldn't be dead."

"Kyu!" Hani hissed. Kyulkyung shot her a glare.

"What? It's so obvious someone set up the officer!"

"But Sana and Tzuyu were just irrelevant before Jennie left, how could they have been—"

"Ah, you're wrong there Namjoon." She clicked her tongue. "Sana may not be the one in charge now, but before you moved, she used to be the higher one up to Tzuyu. It's funny how things change right?"

"But Sana seems so—"

"Stupid? An airhead? It's a front, I'm telling you. I haven't seen her true colors, but I don't think they're pretty." The older girl sighed.

"Only a few more months and then we graduate. Exciting, huh?" She grinned to Hani.

She smiled, but it didn't meet her eyes. Namjoon knew why.

a/n: comment your favorite momo x kpop idol ships please :)))

and another news update! school starts for me tomorrow so i might update as usual since it's just the first week but i can't promise anything.

i love you all!! you guys made it to 22K reads on my birthday weekend and it couldn't have been a better birthday present :) FEEL MY SARANGAE BITCHES

10 more chapters until...