The File

"You want me to what?" Lisa shrieked, Jennie shot her a sharp glare, tugging the blonde's arm into the nearest bathroom.

"I can't Jennie, I'm sorry!"

"Oh sure you can, it's not like it's an expensive Michael Kors bag."

"B-But this—it's not clothes!"

"You weren't exactly doing 'candy bar stealing' to begin with. So stealing a few files won't be that hard, will it?"

Jennie wasn't asking like it was a question, Jennie knew Lalisa would do it whether she wanted to or not.

She was voluntold.

"I—fine."

"You owe, remember. Don't mess this up."

"You're playing a risky game Jennie."

Voices hushed to a whisper, Jennie smirked with a slight nod. "I'm aware Lis. But I'm not the only one. You, me, and everyone else is involved in this. After obtaining the files, you will meet Taehyung at the bus station."

Lisa nodded slowly, swallowing harshly, before meeting Jennie's once again.

"Remember, this is a murder we're solving Lisa. Since the cops here can't get anything done without knowing more, we have to steal the evidence before they get to it."

"Why can't they just figure it out though?"

"Because in order for them to figure it out, they'll have to unlock the secrets we hold close to us. Now, you wouldn't want that to happen would you?"

Lisa's jaw tightened, she headed to the exit of the bathroom.

"Hey, are we clear?" Jennie barked.

Lisa scoffed. "Yeah, crystal."

⭐️

"Um, hi."

Chaeyoung looked up from her cup of coffee, noticing her ex. She flashed him a small, polite smile before nodding in salutation, standing up.

"Oh, you didn't have to get up."

"Why don't you sit?" She awkwardly laughed, gesturing to the seat next to hers.

To anyone looking from the outside, it looked like two awkward teenagers fumbling around embarrassedly on a first date.

It was far different from that, one of tense, high strung, upset feelings no one was willing to voice.

He sat down, she followed in suit before awkwardly rubbing her hands together. "Did you want something to order?"

"Oh no, I already bought a..." He hesitated. "...muffin."

"Oh! Okay." Head nodded repeatedly in an uncomfortable silence.

"So, are y-you going to the memorial?"

"We kind of have to, don't we?"

"Yeah." He smiled, running a hand through his hair, of the many times of watching him do that, Chaeyoung could conclude that the boy was nervous.

"Have you talked to the counselor recently?"

"No, have you?"