Friendship

Callum and his men traveled all day until the blue skies turned into night. Callum ordered his men to make camp and find resources for the night and the next day. Many men went to the wilderness to get resources; some stayed and decided to make the camp.

As for Eva, she felt that her legs were sore and filled with pain. She felt anger and hatred for Callum for making her walk all the way. Even during a small break, he never once offered her water. The highlander ordered his men not to give her anything, no food or water.

Eva was hungry and thirsty, but her pride got the best of her. She refused to admit defeat. Slowly, she sat on the grassy ground; her hands were still tied and connected by Callum's horse. As for the highlander, he got off his horse and walked towards her. Eva glared at him with the most hated look she could express. However, he was not affected at the least.

"Enjoyed the trip?" he asked mockingly. A smirk was apparent on his lips.

Eva wanted to slap that smirk off his face, but she knew she would have to play along if she wanted to win his little game. "Clearly."

He eyed her. "I can see that yer weak little feet are in pain."

"Oh, this pain is nothing." Eva smiled. "Not like the pain you felt with my foot."

The smirk dissipated from Callum's face. He then got a handful of her white hair and pulled he up. Eva cringed in pain. "If you so much as again try that, especially in front of my men, I promise I shall ravage ye in front of them to show ye true shame." He let her go and walked away towards his other men.

Callum walked by Lucas, who was cutting some wood. "Callum, I know yer angry but aren't ye at least going to feed the lass?"

The highlander looked at his friend. "Why should I? She is being punished at the moment."

Lucas shook his head. "Well, you know the reason for her kicking you in the cock, my friend. I must say that you are not an innocent victim. Besides, if she dies, where will yer entertainment go?"

Callum glared at him. "I will not feed her; if ye choose to do so, she will be yer responsibility." With that, he left.

Lucas watched Callum walk away. He then looked at Eva, who still sat by Callum's horse; she massaged her feet ad legs. He chuckled, went towards his horse, got some things out of his bag, and went towards her.

Eva noticed him.

"Calm yerself. I am only here to help." He knelt beside her. "Here is some bread, fruit and some meat. I will also get ye some water. Also, here are some herbs to help with your foot's pain. I will also bring some hot water. Ye can put the herbs on the hot water and put yer feet on the bowl for them to relax." He stood, and before walking further, he stopped when Eva called out to him.

"Why are you helping me?"

Lucas looked at her. "There are times when I disagree with Callum's ways. Yer quite different from the other women he has been with and I have met. Ye have done things that no one would dare try to do." He smiled. "Ye have a strength that not even Callum has, and he doesn't want to admit such a thing. I also wanted to let you know that you are not alone. For now, you are my responsibility. I will do my best to protect ye. I shall return with your water."

Eva watched as Lucas left. She was stunned. Lucas was different from Callum and the other highlanders; he was kind and not as ruthless. Deep inside, she felt hope that she had someone to help her against Callum. However, Eva felt that she had to be careful. The young woman didn't know how she put into her current predicament.

At the moment, Eva had to get along with those willing to help her.