playground promises

05

jack comes just a ten as i make a deal with cameron and nash that they have to be good while i'm gone. i walk out with a large smile.

"beautiful" he says quietly, taking my hand making me spin around in a circle.

"thank you" i mumble, getting into the passenger seat of his black jeep. he gets into the driver's seat, holding my hand tightly with his free hand. he pulls out, driving out quickly.

"where are we going?" i ask, looking out the window.

"somewhere" he answers, giving my hand a squeeze before looking over at me with a small smile. I pout playfully.

"baby" he says.

"yeah?"

"you look beautiful today"

"thank you" I laugh softly.

"we are going to this old playground" he chuckles. i laugh loudly.

"really?" i ask

"yeah."

"i've always wanted to do this as a date" i giggle. he guides our locked hands up to his mouth kissing my hand lightly. we drive in a comfortable silence the rest of the way to the playground. he parks and runs over to my side to let me out. he pulls me by the waist into him, kissing me deeply. i could taste the cigarette taste against his lips. i pull away with a confused look.

"jack?" i ask as he lets go of me and start to walk to the playground with a blanket and a small bag.

"what's wrong?" he questions looking at me behind his shoulder.

"do you smoke?" I ask bluntly, catching up with him.

"uh" he mutters, scratching the back of his neck. he lays out the blanket quickly, sitting down pulling me with him.

i sigh when he grabs both of my hands as I sit across of him.

"it's only cigarettes" he mumbles, pulling a pack out of his jacket pocket. i grab the pack quickly.

"how many a day?"

"one or two became a pack and more a day, but i'm now on like 5 a day or less" he bites his lip nervously. "don't end what we have because of that. i could stop, i just need help."

"i'm not, i'm not." i say quickly. "i just- when were you going to tell me?" i ask.

"i don't know, cameron has been yelling at me everyday to tell you but i always get nervous and back out," he explains while reaching for the pack back. i take the last one out, tossing him the empty pack.

"what would you do if i smoked?" i mumble.

"i would get angry and make you stop," he gives me a look like he knows i'm leading to something.

i shrug. "i know you can't just automatically make yourself stop but, can you promise me you would try?" i beg looking down.

"i promise i will try," he says, taking the cigarette from between my fingers. he shoves it into his hoodie pocket. i sigh changing the subject to magcon and meeting fans all over the place. he smiles widely, telling me all the stories while he eats his sandwich.

-

i wake up the next morning with no work and nothing to do. i grab my phone, calling one of my favorite people in the world.

"Hello?"

"Drew!!" I yell

"What's up babe?"

"Come over" I beg.

"sure brookie I'll be over in a second" he blows a kiss into the phone then hangs up.

don't get the wrong idea, drew is gay and has been my bestfriend since the first day i moved here. I check my twitter while I wait. i notice i have tons and tons of notifications, i go through them noticing it's all just people following me. i come across a tweet written by jack.

"Baby!! @xbrooklynx" I laugh retweeting the tweet.

"Babe!! @jackgilinsky" i tweet quickly. i go through some tweets of people asking me who i am and other things like that. i sigh going through some rude tweets to. i follow a few of the nice people and dm with a thank you.

"I miss you. @xbrooklynx"

"You saw me last night!"

"I know xx" i don't reply but i retweet it with a small smile as i gain followers everytime i refresh my activity feed. (do we call it that? i dont know lmao)

drew walks through my front door with a wide smile. "guess who's back,back,back? back again,again, again!" he sings. he's usually his usual outfit, a red flannel around his waist with tight black jeans and a white plain tee: rolled sleeves.

"hey" i say from the couch scooting over to make room.

"when were you going to tell me!" he yells, sitting down.

"what?" i mumble softly.

"you're dating the very hot jack gilinsky. i found out on twitter."

"oh it hasn't been a week yet."

"you whore, how's the sex?"

"Drew!" i yell turning to face him.

"What? He must be massive..." he trails off.

"Oh my God" i whisper, placing my hands on my face.

"I'm sorry" he says hugging me tightly. "Let's go grab coffee" he lets go. i get up, walking up stairs. i change into a pair of black leggings and a white ashton shirt. (5SOS YAS) i throw my hair into a messy bun on top of my head, grabbing my purse and phone. "let's go" i say, leaving and following him to his car.