Chapter 35

Despite my many protests, Harry made me sleep in my own room that night. I wasn't really mad, but I still made sure to call him every name I could think of as I got dressed and headed across the hall. When it came to Harry I could never stay mad for long though, so one sweet text from him and all was forgiven.

HARRY: I miss you already, but I'll be sure to see you in my dreams. Love you babe

***

I slept late the next morning, and I dressed quickly once I realized the time, not wanting to seem lazy to his parents. I felt a bit of nervous excitement as I wondered if Harry'd had a chance to tell his mother about us, but one look from her when I entered the kitchen told me that he hadn't said anything.

"Morning Zayn," she said. "Sleep well darling?"

"Very, thank you."  As soon as Anne's back was turned I gave Harry a look that told him that I wanted to speak with him alone, needing answers.

"Mum, we're going to go grab some breakfast. I might show him the bakery."

"Sounds good. Have fun boys."

Once we were in the Range Rover I turned to Harry. "Why haven't you told her about us? I thought that was why you brought me here."

He sighed. "No, I brought you here because I didn't want to be away from you, and I hoped you wouldn't want to be away from me either."

"Okay, but..."

"But I haven't told her because this is Gemma's weekend. I already get more than my fair share of the spotlight. It wouldn't be fair to take more attention away from her."

I breathed a sigh of relief, glad that it wasn't because he didn't want his parents to know about us. "I didn't think of it like that. You're a good brother Haz. I just wish you'd told me. I've been freaking out this whole time that Robin's gonna sit me down and ask me what my intentions are for you."

"Ohhh, this I've got to hear. Do tell, what would your answer have been?" he asked with a grin.

I ignored his cheeky tone and answered honestly. "Just that I'm gonna take care of you, forever."

"So basically that you promise to get me off whenever and wherever I want?"

"You're impossible," I groaned, throwing my hands in the air.

"And you're adorable."

Harry took me to the Cheshire Bakery that he used to work at, and it was hysterical to see him flirting with the old ladies that worked there. I loved being able to see him around people who knew him before he was famous and weren't afraid to tease him. They all obviously loved him, not because he was Harry Styles, Rock God, but because he was impossible not to love.

Once we got back to the house we helped set up for the party, got showered and suited up and soon the festivities were beginning. He introduced me to everyone whom I hadn't met the night before, and though I could tell that he was willing to stay by my side all night it wasn't necessary. His family was wonderful, all friendly and welcoming. It wasn't hard to imagine that Harry must have had a wonderful childhood filled with fun parties just like this one, and I let myself daydream about what it would be like to truly be a part of this family. I had to admit that I liked the idea.

Seeing him around people whom he loved so much and felt so comfortable around was eye opening. He almost always seemed happy, but it was taken to a whole new level here. He was so sweet to his grandmother and so doting on his little cousins that I couldn't tear my eyes off of him. He was across the room from me, and I let myself look at him for a long time. Every curve of his face familiar to me, but also, I had never seen him before. Harry the family man was another side of him that I couldn't wait to get to know better.