Chapter 20

I barely slept that night, unable to get the hurt look on Harry's face out of my head. I texted him again and again and begged him to talk to me, but I'd heard nothing back, and I'd finally given up on sleep when I saw sunlight creeping in through the gap in the curtains. I didn't bother shaving or even brushing my hair, knowing that there was no possibility of looking good when I was feeling so shitty.

I threw on a hoodie and walked down the hall to Harry's door, needing to see him. I felt like having him in front of me and somehow convincing him to forgive me was the only thing that could make the hole inside of me disappear. I knocked on his door and was about to try again when it was jerked opened by Louis.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I blurted, taken aback by the fact that he was wearing pajamas and had obviously been there all night.

"I'm here because Harry wanted me to be here. What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to him. Harry, please talk to me," I said a little louder as I attempted to push past Louis.

Louis put his hand on my shoulder to stop me and I automatically shook him off. "I don't know what you two are fighting about, but he's really upset and there's no way I'm letting you in here."

"What are you, his fucking bodyguard?"

"No, I'm his friend, which is more than I can say for you right now." His words stung, and I took a step back as I attempted to reign in my emotions. "You need to go Zayn. Now," Louis said as he shut the door in my face. I leaned my head against the wall, unable to believe that I was somehow feeling even worse than I had been only minutes ago and feeling stupid for even trying when Harry couldn't stand the sight of me.

"Zayn?" I jumped when I heard my name, turning to see Lou and Lux walking towards me. "Are you okay? You look like shit. He really got you good, didn't he?" she asked as she skimmed her fingers over my bruised cheek.

"I guess you heard?" I asked as I managed to give Lux a small smile.

"I've heard more than you think. We're heading to breakfast, and you're coming." I sighed. Part of the reason we all loved Lou so much was her take charge attitude, so I knew there was no point in telling her no. We made our way to the restaurant slowly, each of us holding one of Lux's hands. When we sat down I immediately put my head on the table, not caring how pathetic I looked.

"Don't look now," Lou said after a while, causing me to pick my head up and look at her for the first time since we'd arrived. She inclined her head towards the entrance and I turned to see Harry and Louis entering. Harry's steps faltered when he noticed me but he quickly looked away and sat down at a table on the other side of the room. as far away from me as possible. I couldn't tear my eyes off of him, trying to see if it looked like he was even remotely as miserable as I was.

But he looked fine, and I was forced to watch the How to Break Zayn's Heart show, starring Harry Styles and Louis fucking Tomlinson. They were laughing and carrying on and sitting way too fucking close like they didn't have a goddamn care in the world, and I felt worse and worse the longer I stared them. But it wasn't until I noticed that Louis was wearing Harry's Pink Floyd t-shirt that I started to feel sick to my stomach. Lou must have noticed that my mood had deteriorated even further, because she asked "What's wrong love?"

"Louis' wearing Harry's shirt," I whispered, forgetting to censor myself in a moment of weakness. "I guess they're back to swapping clothes again. Not that I give a fuck. Harry dresses like a flamboyant fifty year old hipster hobo, and I wouldn't be caught dead in his clothes," I lied, knowing that I would gladly even wear one of his stupid headscarves if he asked me to.

Something in my tone must have alarmed Lou because the next thing I knew she was gripping my shoulder and pulling me towards the door. "Come on, we're going to my room. I'll order us some room service and we'll have a little chat."