Chapter 15

I swear it was the heat of Harry's gaze that woke me up on our second to last morning in London. I hadn't even opened my eyes yet, still trying to cling to the final vestiges of sleep in an effort to avoid the countdown to our return to work, but I could feel Harry's breath gently tickling my nose and I knew that he was watching me.

"Stop staring at me," I mumbled, my eyes still closed.

"I'm not staring, I'm gazing. There's a difference."

"It's creepy."

"It's romantic," he insisted.

I felt a corner of my mouth creep up in a smile. "S' not, it's creepy."

I finally opened my eyes when I was pushed onto my back and covered by a huge body. "Say it's romantic Zayn," Harry ordered as he held both of my hands above my head.

"Nope, definitely creepy," I teased, pushing my hips up into his. I may have been asleep only moments before, but I was wide awake now.

"It seems like part of you likes it when I gaze at you..."

"What can I say, my dick loves creepy things. The creepier the better. You should see it at Halloween."

"Oh, I fully intend to," he replied, causing my whole body to feel a warm glow. "In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a Freddy Krueger mask around here somewhere," he muttered as he began to climb off of me.

"No!" I shouted, grabbing his thighs to keep him in place. "My cock loves romance okay? Show it some candles, flowers, all that shit, and it'll do whatever you want."

"Whatever I want, eh? Your cock sounds like a bit of a slut."

We'd both started laughing too much to continue with our banter at that point, but soon the feeling of Harry's body shaking above mine made me unable to continue laughing. I flipped him over and started kissing him, wanting to make him shake below me for an entirely different reason.

I loved how we could be equal parts playful and lustful with each other. I'd been in a few relationships before and I'd had plenty of fun with girls in the past, but rarely had they overlapped. It seemed like I always ended up trading the light for the heavy when a fling became a thing. But everything was different with Harry. He managed to make me both happy and horny.

"What time is your meeting babe?" Harry asked me as I licked my way from one of his nipples to the other. I raised my head to look at the clock before dropping all my weight on top of him.

"Too fucking soon," I groaned. I'd avoided speaking to anyone from Modest for as long as I could, but I'd finally caved yesterday, and I was due to meet with them today. "I need to leave soon. Guess I better start getting ready."

"Want me to come with?"

I thought for a second before responding. "I'd really like to have you with me, but they already sounded super pissed. Probably shouldn't give them anything else to be angry about."

"Okay. But you're coming back here afterwards, right? No matter what they say?"

"Course babe. No where else I wanna be," I reassured him as I kissed his nose and hopped off of him to head to the loo. Harry sat on the counter and talked to me while I showered and got ready, rambling the whole time, and I could tell that he was nervous. I was nervous as well, though I was trying to hide it for his sake.

We'd avoided the Internet and tabloids as much as we could while we'd been holed up in our little love bubble, so I only knew the basics of what the coverage on our disastrous double date had been like. I knew that pictures had been released of Harry kissing that girl and that there had been reports of me storming out of the club looking angry, but it seemed like most people were speculating that it was due to a fight between Perrie and me. The bottom line was that no matter which way the story had been spun, there was no way that both Perrie and my management team weren't royally pissed at me over how the "date" had gone down.