Selfless Selfishness

I left Nik almost as soon as I got up. Klaus had said that he went to take care of some business and frankly I didn't want to know its been that kind of day. All I know is about 30 minutes after he left the entire gang departed, I guess that king of makes me part of the group. Yay for Me.

I was leaning over the balcony of the speed boat that Damon had compelled for us. On the outside I was cool calm and collected but on the inside I was raging not particularly for me I didn't know Kol, well personally. Mainly I was just angry because the look Klaus had in his eyes, it was pure hatred and distraught he and him siblings may not be extremely close but it doesn't mean it hurts when one of them dies.

We were only on here for about 10 minutes and I haven't talked to anybody on the ship I mean it was all couples and stuff. There was Bonnie and Jeremy, Damon and Elena who I'm not even gonna go near. Stefan and Rebekah who was doing surprisingly well for someone who's brother just died and then there was Professor Shane and no just no.

I eventually decided to go with Rebekah and Stefan considering none of them really hate me and well they won't be kissing, well I hope not. I wasn't sure how long it took to get to where we were, which was somewhere near Nova Scotia I wasn't really paying attention. On a happier note though there was no kissing from the duo, the others I can't say the same.

When we finally got of the boat I flopped on the sand and said "Solid ground how I have missed you" Stefan cracked a smile and helped me of the ground. As I was dusting myself off as the sand had gotten everywhere there was yelling a few feet away from me. Elena and Rebekah were trying to kill each over, I hope Rebekah wins.

Unfortunately for me Shane broke it up and we ended up tracking through the forest goody. What sucks more is that were with vampires which don't rest and they made up half of the group so I doubt they will feel tired. Eventually though to our luck Shane had managed to convince the rest of the group to stop, to which I was eternally grateful to. My feat were aching and my legs felt like they were bruised.

As soon as we reached the camp site which had something to do with murders ( not that I was really listening to Shane) I pretty much dropped my bag immediately and grabbed my tent out of it. Luckily for me it was the new tents where as soon as you place it on the ground it makes itself, yeah I don't really get it, but hey it works.

It didn't take very long for everyone else to set up camp considering there either witches or vampires. It was about ten seconds flat that the tents were up and the camp fire had already been set up, reaching into my pocket and pulled out my matchbox. I struck it and threw it into the wood that was gathered.

Watching it grow I sat by Stefan who was holding the headstone that apparently was needed for the spell, though I have never heard anything about it. Rebekah sighed "Well, seven of us and no one thought to bring s'mores". I smiled slightly and reached into my bag and pulled out a bag of marshmallow and a packet of biscuits. Rebekah gave a genuine smile and made a s'more.

I decided to comment on what Stefan was doing with the headstone " What are you doing with that anyway". He just gave me a look and shrugged "We're a day away from finding the cure. I'm not letting it out of my sight". I chuckled slightly " Understandable".

Suddenly there was a loud noise that sounded like animals dying I jumped up in a defensive position stake drawn while Rebekah clung to Stefan's arm I laughed slightly " You do realize your practically immortal right" Stefan joined in " Yeah your an original vampire" she pouted slightly but sent him a glare as I sat back down "Which is precisely why you should stop teasing me. I'm very powerful. What are you gonna do when Elena becomes human and comes running back to you You said that you'd take the cure to be with her. You'd have children and grow old. Is that still true"?

Wow that seriously escalated quickly, I guess if I think about it I would of guessed that he would have taken the cure. Though what I didn't realize is that he would take it for Elena I think that definitely has changed due to a certain brother getting into the picture. The thing about Damon is I don't think he will ever take the cure not even for Elena, I don't think he's that type of guy.

Stefan interrupted my train of thought "Well, why do you want to take it? Aren't you the perfect vampire"? Rebekah sighed "Isn't it obvious? It's all an act, Stefan. Being a vampire is miserable. I would give anything to be human. Normal". Now that's not hard to believe who wouldn't want a normal life, I feel for her a thousand years with no life to call her own.

Stefan nods as if agreeing with her, but the thing is he did agree "If I take the cure... it wouldn't be for her. It'd be for me".