Truce

I gave him my best innocent smile but it didn't look like he was buying it. especially since without my makeup you could see all my bruises I sighed " it's nothing I swear, there's no need to worry". Despite my attempt to comfort him he only seemed to become more agitated he threw his hands up in the air and in and raised his voice slightly "I'm your boyfriend it is my job to care for you".

I was taken aback he never rose his voice to me, never. He seem to notice this and calmed down "Look I need to talk to you about something anyway". He turned away from me looking at the door. I felt my heart accelerate what the hell did he mean he needed to talk to me, I've watched movies I know what the talk means.

He opened the door to reveal Elena still there listening into our conversation the worry at the bottom of my stomach was replaced with deep hatred. I had no idea what it was about her but she just made me murderous. I can say that she felt the same way as she was practically murdering me with her eyes. Talking about murder ....

Matt snapped me out of my thoughts when he said " look I don't know what I'd going on with you two but you need to stop it right now you're both being immature". He whipped around to point at Elena "I have no idea what is going on with you ,what happened to the sweet caring girl I've known my entire life".

Elena opened her mouth to say something but Matt quickly interrupted " and don't you dare blame it on being a vampire".

I had the urge to poke my tongue out for some weird reason but decided against it when Matt turned back to me and I saw something that I'd never seen before in his eyes ... Anger. " Crystal when I'm with you your sweet and funny and we have a great time, I just don't get why you don't get along with eachother."

This set of something in both Elena and I and we both started yelling at each over across the room trading insults and blame. I was focussing on Elena I didn't even realize that Matt was gone until the door slammed.

"This is all your fault" Elena screeched at me. I faked a laugh "my fault that's bull and you know it". She huffed "look I didn't like you. At all, but Matt is my best friend and I won't let a little bitch like you ruin that."

I crossed my arms and thought about it " I don't like you either, but I care about Matt and if making it work with" Looked her up and down "you is the only way to keep him happy I guess I can do it." She seemed to think the same thing and reluctantly she stuck out her hand "Truce." I shook it and repeated " Truce".

It was only a second later that Elena went back to defense mode " this doesn't mean were friends, but I'll get Caroline to back of as well." I almost laughed at the notion that me and Elena being friends, like that would ever happen she's lucky that I'm still standing in the same room with her. "Don't you dare even think that we would be friends." For a split second she cracked a smile but then It went back to her normal expression.

I cleared my throat "If you don't mind can you get out of my house." Her eyes widened in realization and she left without saying another word. I thought about calling Matt but I was just to tired for it and I couldn't get the look of disappointment out of my head. I called a contact under my favorites and let it ring.

----------Elena POV------------

After I left Crystals house I felt strange I still hate the girl with all my soul so that couldn't be it so I put it down to the relief that Matt is going to finally be better. We might stop arguing now I do seriously miss him maybe I was a bit harsh on Crystal, first appearances aren't everything. Who am I kidding I don't really care what she thinks or how she affects me.

I went to find Matt so I could try and release some of his anger I hate it when he's mad at me. I found him at the grill sitting on a bar stool head in his hands. He looked so sad I guess I have been kind of unfair to him he was my friend and I had to go and make him choose between me and the she-devil herself.

Hey just because we called a truce doesn't mean I can't verbalized my thoughts. I slid in next to him and he looked up. He sighed " No offense Elena I really don't want to talk to you right now". I put my hand on his arm for reassurance " We called a truce" this made him more awake " You serious" he asked. I nodded vigorously and we hugged I was so glad to have my best friend back. Maybe a truce wasn't so bad.