Ol' Blue Eyes

I turned around and saw a picture of tall dark and handsome. His crystal blue eyes bore into mine sending shivers down my spine. A small smirk laid on his face surrounded by a slight amount of golden stubble to match his lightly curled hair. He was tall around 5'11 and had a lean masculine figure. All in all he was extremely handsome and also an old friend of mine. His British accent rang through the place

" Hello love" I smiled and replied "Nik it has been a while" we didn't hug or anything mainly because of the blonde frenzy herself came up to us. "You know each other" she practically squealed at us. She is so annoying I just looked at her "Yes, not like it's any of your business though" she made a face but left in a huff. I turned back to see the snowflake painting and pointed at it " you made that didn't you".

He nodded "It's hard to think that you know so much about me, most people end up dead with that knowledge". I feel a slight smirk on my lips "You do need me for my Petrova blood line considering that Elena's a vampire". He glanced at me knowing I was right, I was about to say something else when Matt walked in to the bar. He walked over to me and Matt looking at me with concern, probably due to the fact I was standing next to the big bad.

Instead of saying something he took my hand and dragged me away I shot Klaus a look saying sorry. I was dragged away by my hands, can't exactly blame him though. He pulled me into a dance, it was a slow dance. Wearing my heals I was at eye level with him so I could stare straight into his crystal blue eyes. Instead of being the perfect cliche romantic moment with the staring into each overs eyes during a slow song. No that didn't happen at all he opened his mouth and said " how do you know him" hence the destruction of the romantic moment.

I took my hand of his shoulders with a sigh and started to walk away not wanting to talk about it. Matt quickly caught up with me probably because he wasn't wearing high heels. He had both his hands on either side of my face "You can tell me" I pushed him off as the flashback hit me again. " I don't want to talk about" he looked taken aback " Don't you trust me, you can tell me anything but if you don't want to tell me then sure whatever". He sounded hurt as much as it pained me to do so I blurted out "he saved my life". Matt's eyes widened as he started to apologies stumbling over his words as he did so.

I went into my house with tears in my eyes, I had managed to get away from Matt but now I couldn't hold it in tears sprung from my eyes as I pulled random items out of the cupboard A magazine a thing of hair pins even my family grimoire until I found a dusty book that hadn't been touched for many years. Grabbing it from the shelf I blew the dust of it making the title be able to be read.

Photo Album

I opened up the book and flipped through the Pages until I found the page I was looking for. Touching the side of the Photo and looked at it's rusted edges and in the photo there was a family, a little girl, a mother and father. My family. I miss them so much every day I just keep thinking about the tragic day they died. I don't want anyone else to know about it because it's what I have been running for my whole life.

It's not that I don't trust Matt it's just so hard for me to talk about it. Seems that everything traces back to that one moment where everything changed. Does it make me a bad person to want to restart, to make everything different have another chance. The life I have here my not be perfect but it's mine, and I like it, I like that I can hang out with my friends and my boyfriend and not be judged. Don't get me wrong I love my parents and every day, I miss them but I don't want to live my life mourning them. I won't let that control me, that's what they would've wanted.

I close the book and hide it under my bed just in case I need it again. Going into the bathroom to turn the cold water tap on washing my face and the running mascara making me look half human at least. I looked myself in the mirror and took a deep breath before leaving to get some fresh air. I don't know what made me choose to walk in the forest but that's where I ended up. I was deep in the forest when I smelt something it was blood I headed towards source not sure what to expect. There were corpses everywhere 11 of them to be precise. Some had there heads sliced off while some just had the hearts torn out in any case it was a gruesome death.

Right then I should've probably ran, but I didn't because I wasn't scared I wasn't afraid of some vampire. Heck I was buddies with an original what could possibly go wrong. Out of the trees came a figure dark and looming it created a shadow that stood over the corpses. As a figure step forward the moon reflected on him and I could see who it was. Niklaus stood there in all his glory blood covered his face and his clothes. Loosely hanging by his side was a sword which was also covered in blood, it was obvious to me he had made these corpses, I didn't recognize any of them luckily.

Something reflecting any size, it was sadness just sadness but loneliness as well. I guess the thrill of the kill on last so long, as I have experienced before. He looked to me "You shouldn't be here it isn't safe". I sighed and looked back at him "don't worry about me are you okay". He glanced back at me again "you don't  need to worry about me love".

I feel sorry for Niklaus he spent a thousand years by himself, everyone thinks he's a monster but I know him for truly is. In fact I know him better than anyone, I hope that one day he'll find someone. I know he doesn't want to be a monster it's just what the world has made him, so I took a few long steps towards him closing the gap between us. I wrap my arms around his neck until muscles relaxed and he accepted the hug.

He whispered into my ear very softly but still be being able to be heard " Thank You".