“The big deal is that you can’t go on like this. It’s been a week already. You need to talk to her or something. Just get her out of your system, because you’re starting to worry us.” Aric’s voice was level, yet filled with friendly concern.

“Don’t worry, I am okay. And she still has to answer my…” Renzo stopped talking as he spotted the expressions on Aric and Paul’s faces, who were sitting across from him. They were looking at something behind him, something right behind him. Renzo turned around and came face to face with Ash. She looked dishevelled, like something was weighing heavily on her thoughts.

“Ray… can we talk for a second?” Ash asked. She glanced around at the guys quickly.

“Yea, sure. Be right back guys.” He got up from the booth and walked to where Ash was now standing; ignoring the looks they were shooting him.

“I came to give you this.” Ash held out Renzo’s shirt and smiled. That was the smile he remembered from the forest, the smile that was just for him.

“Thanks.” He couldn’t help smiling back.

“I should go. I don’t want your friends over there getting angry.” She pointed and Renzo looked back at Paul, Aric and Akim.

“They’re not mad, they’re just…curious.” He said turning back at Ash. “As am I…”

“Well, whatever they are. They’re starting to get on my nerves.” She said looking around.

“Hold it, hold it. What have they ever done to you?” Renzo was getting defensive. Ash rolled her eyes.

“Oh, I don’t know! How about laughed at me for accidentally wearing a shirt that was made just for guys.”

“That’s it! That’s your answer?” He said heatedly.  

“You have your shirt. I have done what I came here to do.” She turned her back, but Renzo grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

“You owe me three questions.” He growled low in his throat.

Ash stiffened and turned her liquid jade eyes back to him. “Very well…” She regarded him coldly.

“How come you hate my friends so much? They didn’t mean to intentionally hurt your feelings when they laughed.” Renzo blurted as he let go of her arm. Ash hesitated, not wanting to answer the question. She took a deep breath and then spoke.

 “I don’t hate them. I guess I’m still a little hurt that they laughed.” Renzo looked at her sceptically. He knew she spoke the truth, but she seemed to not want to say it. Usually if someone wasn’t comfortable with telling the truth they would lie, but she didn’t. Why?

“I know you didn’t want to answer that question. You could have lied, but you didn’t. How come?” Ash looked around like she was nervous. Renzo knew she didn’t want to answer that either. She did though.

“You know my name, well at least my first. It’s hard to explain but…” She forced out the words. “I’m entitled to answer your questions or do stuff you ask me to do.” Renzo looked shocked.

“So…if I told you to jump off a bridge…?”

“Exactly.” There was no irony in her tone. “Should I consider that your third question?”

Renzo took a deep breath, his face was starting to get hot. He was shaking he was so angry at how she was treating him.

 “No, I have one more left.” He gritted out.

“Well, don’t keep me waiting.” Ash told him sarcastically as she crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot. Renzo had one more question, and he was determined to ask one that would piss her off, despite the many more important ones which were flying around in his head.

“What’s your full name?” Ash looked like she would choke on the air she breathed.

“What?”

“My third question was…What’s your full name?” He didn’t know what he had done. Well not really. All he knew was that he was forcing her to do something that she didn’t want to do, and that suited him just fine at that moment.

Everything seemed to stand still for a moment, it was as if it was only the two of them in the room, staring at each other. Then her eyes darkened with hatred as she broke the silence.

“Arianna Ash Nevin, much may the knowledge please you.”

“It’s a nice name.” Renzo said, raising an eyebrow.

“You are too clever for your own good.”

“Kiss my ass, Arianna Ash Nevin.”

Renzo hadn’t even realized what happened until he found himself being thrown to the ground. He yelled out when his hands and knees connected with the cold hard floor of the diner. He looked up half expecting Ash to kick him while he was down, but instead she pulled his jeans hard at the waistband and pressed her mouth against the smooth, exposed swell of his hip.

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion as he slipped on the cold floor and the guys started to get out of the booth. Ash stood up, looking down at him, a myriad of emotions making their way across her face. Renzo looked around at the people in the diner. They were all staring at the scene, confusion plain on their faces, some started to chuckle. Renzo picked himself up and glared at Ash. She just looked back at him with no expression on her face.

“That is the nature of servitude, Renzo. It is literal minded and not at all clever. Be careful with what you say.” She said tonelessly.

“Who do you think you are?!” Akim said, coming over to Renzo’s side.

“Ask him.” Ash said, pointing at finger at Renzo. “He knows exactly who I am.” She turned around and walked out of the diner, her back rod straight.

“Did you see…did you see what she did to me? She kissed my ass…my ass.” Renzo was in a state of utter disbelief.

“Yea we saw. At first it was kind of funny but now…she kind of scares us. No woman as skinny as her should be able to throw a grown man down to the floor.” Paul said, but a small grin was finding its way onto his face.

“She was really strong.” Renzo was starting to feel normal again.

“Well let’s go. We’ve already paid and you need to get some rest Ray. You look worn out.” Paul said, putting a comforting hand on Renzo’s shoulder.

“I feeeeel worn out.” They walked out of the diner and to the car, heading back to the hotel.