Chapter 17

Harry's P.O.V.

"Oh..." I murmured and glanced at my hands. 

"Yeah..." she breathed lowly and sighed.

I wasn't sure how to feel about that in that moment. On the one hand I was pissed off because of Zayn but on the other hand I couldn't blame him. He was, after all, a human being.

When I looked at Hope again, her eyes were lowered. She bit her lower lip and looked down at her hands which were concentrated in her lap. But after a brief consideration, I stood up and held my hand out. 

"Are you coming or do I have to carry the princess?" I asked grinning, looking down at her. 

Her eyes immediately found mine and her lips curled into a beautiful smile which I loved so much about her. 

When she put her hand in mine and stood up, I led her slowly to the middle of the living room where we had plenty of space to practice. 

"We'll start with something slow." I informed her eventually when I had taken out my phone from the pocket of my jeans. 

I scrolled slowly through my playlist, then remained at a song, chose it and after a short time gentle guitar sounds fulfilled the whole room. 

When I had put away my cell phone, I pulled Hope closely to me and looked deep into her eyes. 

let me be your hero 

"Do you trust me?" I whispered, putting my right hand in hers and clasping her waist with my left arm. 

She nodded slightly and placed her other free hand on my shoulder. 

"Say it..." I breathed against her ear and slowly began to move to the stroke. 

"I trust you, Harry." She murmured, closing her eyes and let me lead her.

Would you dance if I asked you to dance 

Would you run and never look back 

Would you cry if you saw me crying 

Would you save my soul tonight 

Would you tremble if I touched your lips 

Would you laugh oh please tell me this 

Now would you die for the one you love 

Hold me in your arms tonight 

I can be your hero baby 

I can kiss away the pain 

I will stand by you forever 

You can take my breath away 

Would you swear you'll always be mine did 

Would you lie 

Would you run and hide 

Am I in too deep 

Have I lost my mind 

I do not care you're here tonight 

I can be your hero baby 

I can kiss away the pain 

I will stand by you forever 

You can take my breath away 

Ohhh I just wanna hold you, 

I just wanna hold you, oh yeah 

Am I in too deep have I lost my mind 

I do not care you're here tonight 

I can be your hero baby 

I can kiss away the pain 

(Oh yeah) 

I will stand by you forever 

You can take my breath away 

I can be your hero 

I can kiss away the pain 

And I will stand by you forever 

You can take my breath away 

I can be your hero 

As the song slowly came to an end we were breathing heavily even though we didn't have to make an effort. Our faces were only millimeters apart from each other and I could feel her hot breath on my lips. 

And that was it for me. 

I leaned forward and our lips touched, melting into each other. When I took her dainty face between my hands, she put her hands on my chest. However, the kiss didn't last long because Hope broke up and pressed her small hands against my chest to stop me. 

Hope's P.O.V. 

"Harry..." I breathed and opened my eyes to look into his. 

"Please, Hope." He pleaded, looking straight into my eyes. 

My heart was beating faster than anything else and I felt my cheeks heating up. And one thing was clear to me in that moment... 

I loved that boy. 

More than anything else. 

I felt my throat starting to burn slowly and I was close to tears. Cautiously, I leaned over and gave Harry a kiss on the lips, he replied softly. 

"I want you so much..." Harry whispered and leaned his forehead against mine. 

 I just shook my head slightly and felt the first tears flowing down my cheek. Harry tried to wipe them away lovingly but they became more and more and I couldn't take it anymore. I detached myself from him, ran to my room and lay down on the bed where I let the tears fall.

 Because in that moment I unterstood that... 

 ...Harry could never be mine

~

(A/N: Sorry for the shitty chapter and I'm sorry if there are some mistakes! I'm going on vacation next week so I'm not able to update until the week after. Btw who do you ship the most? Zope or Hope? Or do Zape and Hape sound better? I dunno. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. Lovee you all so much! ♥♥ xo)