Chapter 5

Hope's P.O.V.

When it rang for break, Melody and I stood up and strolled together to the cafeteria. I was lost in thought and didn't pay attention to my best friend, who was talking to me. The whole time I just had to think about how Harry and Shelly had kissed each other in the hallway...

"Hope? Is everything all right?"

She waved her hand around in front of my face and I slapped it away.

"What?" I snapped annoyed and frowned.

She looked at me, confusion and sadness clear in her eyes.

My heart started to ache and I regretted it instantly.

"Hey Melody, I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just a little bit distracted and..."

"It's okay." She assured me and gave me a small smile.

Melody was never really offended. At least not for a very long time and I was glad about that.

"Are you hungry?"

"No, I 'm not hungry." I responded and sighed quietly.

"Then let's just sit down." She suggested and took my hand, leading me to a free table.

We sat opposite each other down and breathed in deeply. We all were a little bit exhausted as it were the last weeks before the summer holidays and a few classes still had to write exams, just like Harry's. He was two years older than me and had to graduate this year just like Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn. I had met the four of them when they were over at our house and I could say that I had taken them into my heart pretty quickly.

"Hope?"

Melody pulled me from my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"I have to tell you something..." she bit her lower lip and frowned, focused on the words she wanted to tell me.

"I also have to tell you something." I replied.

I had to get rid of it and tell someone about it, otherwise it would have driven me insane.

"It's alright. You can start."

"Harry and I are in a relationship."

I didn't want to express it like that, but somehow it was the truth. We were in a sexual relationship, or maybe not?

"What?" She asked me with wide eyes as if she hadn't understood what I had said.

"I'm not really sure if I can say it like that, but it's more like a sexual relationship. Throughout the weekend we made out for a few times and just cuddled and laughed together. But today when I went to get my book for English class, I saw Shelly and Harry making out in the hallway."

"Wow..." 

"Do you think it was wrong to make out with him?"

"Actually, I think you would look really cute together, but if there is no love, I would leave it, because this isn't easy. Especially because you're stepsiblings."

"You're right..." I muttered, feeling an unwelcome ache in my chest. It was such a nice feeling to have Harry around me, but Melody was right. It couldn't work. We were stepsiblings...

"You'll know what's right..." she said after a short silence, smiling at me warmly.

"Thank you, Melody." I said, smiling slightly so I didn't look very depressed.

She nodded and gave me a small smile.

"Whatever, what have you wanted to tell me?" I asked her to distract her from my topic.

Her smile fades away and she started to get nervous.

"I don't do my degree here. I'll do my degree in California."

"In California?" I asked surprised and raised my eyebrows.

"Yes..."

"And when are you going to go? Next school year?"

"In two days..."

In two days?!

~

(A/N: I'm sorry if there are some mistakes! xo)