Spicing Things Up || Simon Minter

9:07pm
Friday the 15th
Y/N ducked into Simon's chest when they walked through the door. It hadn't been her idea but she'd agreed to it with more excitement than she probably should have.

Her boyfriend of 3 years, Simon Minter, had clearly taken her idea of spicing things up just a little too far. Currently, to the extent of travelling 35 minutes by Uber to an illegal rave in the city. Y/N looked up to check his face and saw it lit up, his eyes searching the dark room, which would've bothered her if it were anyone except Simon. She trusted him and knew he wouldn't actually do anything illegal. It was just the idea that things were happening.

She wasn't even sure really how he'd got them in, but she assumed it had something to do with JJ, somehow.

Simon tugged her hand to pull her towards the bar. "Let's have a few more drinks." He caught her slight apprehensiveness and squeezed her hand. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna drink too much more. I'll make sure nothing happens to either of us. I think you need a little bit to loosen up, though," he laughed, and she cracked a smile.

"Okay, I trust you," She replied with a grin.

He ordered for her, handing her a red drink that, after a sip, tasted like it was definitely a double shot vodka raspberry, or more. Simon himself had a can of something that she couldn't see in the dark, but assumed was beer or cider.

They moved onto the dance floor, which was the majority of the room, excluding a few seats around the walls and the bar. Y/N downed her drink and left it on the edge of the floor before this time pulling Simon in. His blonde hair reflected the coloured lights, shining blue and pink.

Y/N closed her eyes and began to move her hips. The music was pounding and the floor was shaking and the alcohol was thrumming through her veins. They danced for a while, Y/N checking regularly that she hadn't lost him, but he was always right in front of her. A few songs in, she felt his hands on her waist and she smiled as she danced. Then they disappeared quickly and, turning to check why, Y/N saw Simon pinning a dark haired man against the wall.

"Simon! What are you doing?!" She cried in disbelief, but he couldn't hear her over the music. His face was right up close to the other man's and his eyebrows were set in a heavy frown. Y/N moved closer through the crowd to put her hand on his shoulder but he didn't move.

"Don't you fucking dare. I don't want to see you again tonight, anywhere near her." He was snarling. "You got it?"

"Simon. Simon." Y/N started to shake his shoulder and raise her voice. It was nice that he cared, but what kind of people hung out in a place like this? Simon was tall, but he was hardly threatening.

He turned quickly to look at her reassuringly. "Don't worry, babe," he said nonchalantly, turning back to the man against the wall. Y/N put her hand on his arm though, directing his attention again.

"I think I want to go home." She said. "I'd rather not be here anymore, please."

Simon looked back to the man, then her, then back, his expression torn. Then he loosened his grip. "Alright. Let's go." He replied brusquely, gripping the top of her arm and heading briskly to the door.

It wasn't until they were in the fresh air that Y/N could breathe again. "Do you want me to get an Uber?" She asked, her voice calmer.

Simon shook his head. "I'll get it." He pulled out his phone with his other hand. "I'm sorry, by the way, Y/N/N." He added sombrely, looking down to catch her eye. "I didn't think... I should've taken it more seriously. I put you in more danger."

She grabbed his arm with her other arm and held him close to her. "Don't do that. You did what you thought was right and I'm glad you protected me." A quick glance behind assured her that they weren't being followed. "But let's just get home now, shall we?"

He smiled. "Alright. Home and in bed, and maybe there are better ways to spice things up?"

"I'm sure there are." Y/N replied cheekily, and gasped when Simon gave her a quick squeeze on the ass.