Blue Eyes || Jack Maynard

It's dark and she's drunk, but the moment Y/N catches sight of him across the room her vision clears. Even from where she stands, she can confidently guess that his sparkly eyes would be blue as they lock with hers, and she can't tear hers away.

After a few seconds, he looks back down at the cup in his hands, but she doesn't stop staring and she catches him when he raises his eyes a second time. It feels as though her feet have been stuck to the ground with superglue and her whole body is rising except for them. Suddenly, she feels exposed in her little black dress that had seemed so cute before she left the house.

He turns back to his friends, this time not looking back, leaving Y/N standing blankly as if she's been electrocuted on the spot. What the fuck. She didn't even know his name; at the moment, he was only a gorgeous face and a pair of blue eyes, with a light blonde mop of hair on his head. But even when she forced herself to go and get another drink and return to the dance floor, she couldn't stop thinking about him. Should she approach him? Should she see if he comes to her? The spinning of her head paired with the movement on the dance floor suddenly seems overwhelming and she begins to push her way through the crowd.

"Y/N?"

"Joe!"

Seeing a familiar face was like a breath of fresh air and Y/N fell into her friend's embrace in relief.

"How are you liking the party?" He asked, and she tilted her face up to his.

"It's good, yeah!" She replied and watched his sly smile forming.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or has young Y/N caught sight of somebody she likes?"

"Joe, what the fuck?!" She laughed. They'd been friends for pretty much as long as she could remember, but it still impressed her that he could read her mind the way he could.

He was just grinning. "Who is it?" He hissed. "You can tell me! I know everyone here."

Suddenly, a light tap on Y/N's shoulder made them both turn. Standing in front of her way the boy she had spotted, red cup still in hand.

Joe's eyes flickered from him to Y/N, his smile growing. "Y/N, this is Jack Maynard." He introduced quickly, splitting apart from her. "Jack, this is Y/N."

"Hey." Jack said in an easy tone. "I couldn't help but see her from across the room and I knew I'd have to come and see her at some point." He explained casually to Joe, who was grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

He nodded. "Well, I'll leave you two to it." He patted them both on the shoulder and winked at Y/N. "See you around." He added, then disappeared into the crowd, leaving Y/N and Jack standing face to face.

His eyes were blue.

*author's note*
shameless plug guys, gotta get my joe fanfic up and going 😙
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/lru8qLAwrB (No Strings || Joe Sugg)