D&M || Oli White (& Caspar Lee)

"Hey, Oli?" Y/N knocked on the door of her old childhood bedroom. Oli was staying with her in her hometown for a while, for a bit of a break as well as to film videos with some other YouTubers from the area, including Y/N. Since they were only friends, and Caspar had given him plenty of warnings, she'd given up her room for him and had been sleeping out in the caravan for the week.

"Yeah?" Oli called back, and she cracked open the door to see him sitting at her desk with his laptop out. She walked in and sat on her old bed, looking around the familiar room. It was weird, because she'd left home at 18 to pursue her career, and her family had just kept her room the same. At 20, she wasn't much older and could still imagine life as it had been living here.

Oli had spun the desk chair around to face her. "I was just wondering if you'd wanna take the dog out for a walk with me?" She asked. "Just down to the park across the road for a bit?"

He looked busy with a video up on the screen to be edited, but he nodded and pushed away from the desk, slipping his hoodie off the back of the chair. "Sounds good. I probably need a break, actually." He replied, standing up. Y/N was surprised, but beamed, standing up too.

"Okay, great! He's all ready and waiting downstairs." She laughed. As they reached the top of the stairs, they could see her dog Buddy sitting at the bottom, his tail wagging desperately, which made them both laugh harder.

It was getting darker outside but it was summer, so they both were warm enough in their short sleeved tops and shorts. They walked in silence until they reached the end of the road, then Y/N decided to spark up some kind of conversation.

"So, how do you like it here?" She asked casually, twisting the dog's lead between her hands.

Oil nodded and shrugged at the same time. "It's nice," he replied. "Quieter than London, anyway."

Y/N laughed. "Yeah, I found it hard moving at first. But now I wouldn't change it for the world."

Oli looked at her strangely when she spoke, an almost pained expression suddenly in his eyes. "Really?" He asked. "You wouldn't change anything?"

"Well, I never said I wouldn't change anything." Y/N backtracked. "But I wouldn't change my move. If I hadn't moved, I wouldn't have the career that I have now."

"And you wouldn't have Caspar." Oil muttered under his breath, and Y/N snapped her head around to look at him.

"Are you alright, Oli?" She questioned. He raised his eyes to meet hers and sighed.

"I'm fine. It's just... sometimes it's just a bit much, you know?"

Y/N opened her mouth a little, taken aback by the sudden change in mood, but didn't have anything to say. Oli continued on, though.

"I mean, you have Caspar. If you didn't have your career, you wouldn't have him. But if I didn't have my career... I keep thinking, maybe it's the publicity that stops me. There's plenty of girls out there, but not very many of them are willing to be in the spotlight the way they would be. You and Caspar are both used to it, but maybe it puts other girls off. Sometimes... I just wonder." He finished quietly, and Y/N felt as if she almost shouldn't look at him. His statements hung in the empty air between them, like an invisible wall.

"What do you mean, Oli? You're not thinking of quitting?"

"No! No, I'm just thinking... maybe I shouldn't have started. Like, I love it, it's my dream, but... what's the price I have to pay?"

Y/N was shaking her head. "No." She said firmly. "If this brought Caspar and I together, it's bringing you to the girl of your future. It's just taking a bit longer, that's all."

Oli purses his lips a little, disbelieving.

"You need to do what you want to do right now, and worry about the future later. She'll come along. Trust me. If you make the most out of this situation that you're in now, the other pieces of the puzzle will fall into place."

She stopped walking and turned to him, grabbing his hand to stop him too.

"Promise me, Oli? Stop stressing."

He bit his lip but his blue eyes were trusting as they met hers. He sighed. "Alright. Okay. I promise you." He said finally, giving her hand a squeeze.

"We all love you, Oli." She reminded him. "Me, the boys, and all of your millions of fans out there." She shrugged and smiled. "One of them who will probably be your future wife."