The Rule About Dating YouTubers || Simon Minter (ft. CM, JM)

Requested by: @crazilyonpoint

"Jack. Conor. Please." Y/N held up her hands before her face. "Give me some space. I'm old enough to look after myself." Jack and Conor were standing in front of their younger sister with their arms crossed. Both of their faces mirrored the stubbornness in hers.

"Y/N, we both told you how we feel. Go have a look around, chat to some people, get photos and whatever, but if you get with any of these people-"

"We will disown you." Conor interrupted Jack, who shook his head.

"We won't disown you. But I don't understand why you won't just walk around with us, we can get you anything here from anyone you want." He offered.

"Within reason." Conor corrected.

Y/N folded her arms like her brothers. "I won't walk around with you because I would rather blend in for today. I don't want to be asked for photos, for once, or have to take photos of you guys with your fans. I just want to explore."

Both boys looked sullen. Finally, Jack shrugged. "Fine. Fair enough."

Y/N's face lit up. "Really?"

"Yeah," Jack said, unfolding his arms to run his fingers through his hair. Y/N grinned and thanked them, turning straight away.

Conor called something out as she slipped into the crowd but she blissfully blanked him out. She'd been to plenty of events like this before so knew her way around fairly well but had never been given free reign. It almost felt to good to be true, gazing around at the solid wall of people. They were everywhere, some that she had met already through the boys and recognised, as well as many, many more fans. She'd barely taken two steps into the sea of people though before she walked straight into a tall, blonde haired boy.

"Sorry!" She called over the sound of hundreds of voices, and he turned his head from what seemed like a few feet above her. When she saw his blue eyes, the recognition clicked in her head. She'd never actually met him before, however she'd seen plenty of him all over YouTube.

"Hey, I'm Simon." He introduced himself, offering his hand out for a handshake. Y/N took it gladly.

"Y/N. Y/N Maynard." She replied, with a quick involuntary glance to where her brothers had both been standing last. They were nowhere to be seen. While she was considering this uneasily, Simon's face had lit up with recognition.

"Jack and Conor's sister!" He exclaimed. "Right, I've got you now. I was sure I recognised you but I had no idea where from." He laughed, and used his handshake hand to comb back his hair. It was longer than Y/N had seen him wear it and she found herself automatically fond of it. "So you're just here with them, then, not for your own channel?"

Y/N snorted. "Nope. Not me." She said. Noticing how harsh her words sounded, she covered quickly with, "Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of YouTube itself and I love how the boys do it, but it's not really my thing."

Simon was nodding considerately, seemingly not offended by her abruptness. "That's fair." He conceded. "Have you been around here much? I could give you a quick tour if you like?"

Yes. I've been coming to these events for about two years now. Y/N laughed internally, but found herself shaking her head. She knew her face had flushed but she forced herself to act like a normal human being. "That would be awesome, actually! I've only been here for an hour or so and basically haven't gone far from the boys."