Fortissimo, Fortissima

Ever since the day Patricia told me the news I had been racking my brain, worrying. I no longer liked her romantically like i did a year or two ago but instead I regarded her as a close friend. Yet we fell out, and it was just one thing after the other, May was a pretty shitty month for me.

A night after class

I had come home late that day, just returning from lessons or something i cant remember. Whats important was when I got to my got i noticed a new car. No, not a new car, just a strange one. I had seen the vehicle somewhere before but i didn't quite recall where. Seeing something out of its original place gives you a sense of jaime vu, it was new to me, but at the same time very very familiar.

Walking inside the house i prepared for a robbery of some sort, this wouldn't have been the first time i did this and quite frankly by now, i was looking forward to someone trying to rob us. I had it all planned out mentally, but i was disappointed yet again when i was greeted by a set of familiar faces in the living room area. 

"Heyyyyyyyyyy Hacim!!! Hows it going?!?"

"Ey boy you good?!?"

It was Patricia's mother and step dad, they became good friends with my parents and so seeing them here was nothing i wouldnt expect. I plastered on a smile andgreeted them back, they were good people, eccentric, spontaneous people who some may say are crazy but they were good honest people and I liked that.

"Hi Hacim" came a tiny voice under the chairs. I leaned over to see a little girl underneath it. It was Lucy their daughter, Larry often called me her big brother and its whatever, you do what you need to do.

"Hey lucy" I grinned and laughed and after i had bathed and changed it was just both of us in my room on the bed playing puzzle games on the tablet she broughtand my spin on 'go fish'. Lucy was 6 maybe 7, she was short with black hair put into small cane rows. She had a big forehead just like her sister, and mother. She was light skinned and energetic, her voice had a slight raspy sound as if she was on the verge of getting the cold, i suppose thats her father's genes. She was also annoying, and kept punching me whenever she lost and I punched her back, each time slightly harder to deter her from doing it again. It took about 12 hits for her to stop.

while we played on the tablet messages kept coming in from instagram. It was increasingly annoying as it broke my focus each time. I tried to ignore it but I soon slipped into thought.

Whats going on? Im not using IG. Is it the same message being notified over and over? Goodness gracious let me just take this off.

I clicked the notification and a chat opened. The profile was Patricias and the chat was between her and some guy i never met and never will meet. I scrolled through quickly, not reading anything but i noticed heart eyes exchanged and kisses and all that. It seemed this conversation was going on right now. It seemed like despite being pregnant she was flirting with someone and yet she couldnt return my msgs.

Cool

I switched to my account and sent her the following

"Heyyyyyy i hope you're having fun. I'm not sure why your not speaking to me but you obviously dont want my help. I think its best if we just leave each other alone. By the way, I love your tablet, I'd like to get one like that myself."

She replied immediatley

"What?!? Why?!?! How do you have my tablet anyway?". I proceeded to tell her about her mother being here and her sister and i using the tablet to play games.

"You went through my stuff didnt you?"

"No Patricia...Im not interested in anything you have to hide"

I wasnt lying, i didnt go through her stuff, and the little that i saw was by accident. Whatever she and that guy were talking about, it wasnt my place to say anything. Besides all i saw was hearts, they could've been talking about their undying love for Jesus for all i know.

"Ok...you didnt tell her anything did you?"

"Naw dont worry, its not my place to do that anyway...but you should break the news to her soon" I replied

We talked for a bit and then I left. I helped her mom out with her project, help her step dad out with his phone and spent the rest of the night chilling with Lucy and my younger brother. I think it was the following day i was awoken during my mid day nap by my brother. Apparently it was my parents and it was urgent. Drunk off sleep i sprang up and instantly vertigo slapped me in the face, i wobbled to the other room where both my parents sat waiting, never a good sign.

"Im going to be straight with you" my dad said " Patricia's mother says that you went through her daughter's tablet, you should know better than to do that"

huh?

I stood there confused, i obviously wasn't hearing well, it seems that my confusion showed on my face as well.

"Yes she says that when they left here, Patricia messaged he saying all sorts of hurtful things and about how she could let you go through her tablet and such"

HUH???

"So, did you go through her tablet?" they sat there, expectantly. My parents relied on my honesty, i try my best to never lie to them even if it costs me so they usually take my word as is.

"No"

This is what I was woken up for? to get buff...after iI SPECIFICALLY TOLD HE-

"No I did not go through her things, and I told her that. I literally told her those exact words and yet I still get in trouble..."

I was getting annoyed

"You're not in trouble Hacim, we believe you" my mom said

"Well then, we'll just have to tell them that their daughter is lying"

Cool

"So that's it?"

"Yup"

"well alright then"

"You can leave now" my dad said, turning his attention to his phone. I should've realized something fishy was going on there, I should've realized she was hiding something but i stopped caring. She just made the wrong move, I was supporting you and i get this?!? As small as it is...this bothered me and I told her off and cut her off. I decided it was time i started being a bit selfish, she obviously didn't have my well being in mind, only hers. 

I'm not sure if she opposed or not since i blocked her on everything but it was one of the better decisions i made. Not long after that things started to make sense, everything was revealing itself.