chapter 47 one million bucks bc part 2

First of all yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Second of all sorry for the late chapters
Third of all I need more comments on what you felt the chapters were like/what they needed

ENJOY

I continued walking back to the other contestants with Duncan along side me. We stood next to our team and I glared at Courtney. She glared back but I finally rolled my eyes and looked at Chris.

   "Okay cave women and cave men today's challenges are based off of the prehistoric era. Now as you all know the modern technology of the time is FIRREEE."Chris drawled out. "So today you'll be making one with sticks and flints" he said while tossing us each two rocks and a stick. "First one to create fire gets an advantage in the next challenge.

     I grinned slyly. I grabbed our teams flints and sticks. Harold layed them in a pattern and Heather blocked the cameras view of me. Duncan sparked the rocks and I sneakily lit the hay on fire and Harolds pattern burst into flames.

    Courtney finally looked up and saw our raging fire. "How'd they---" she threw her flints. "How is anyone supposed to make a fire with plastic flints. "Lindsay then clicked them once and a fire started. "Uggggggg" Courtney cried out.

    I grinned and then we headed in for lunch. I sat down in my usual spot and Duncan fetched me a bowl of fruit and he ate a salad.

    "You're such a sneaky girl." He whispered into my ear.

     "I know I'm the best." I said while eating a strawberry. "Now we just have to win this next challenge so we can send one of them home.

TWO HOURS LATER

   We headed back to the set and I saw a giant tar pit with two stone columns in it. A ladder adorned each side. Chris and chef started passing out bones. Heather, Harold, Duncan, lashawna and I all got large bones. While Courtneys team got small ones.

   "First up is Lindsay and lashawna." Chris said loudly.

    Lashawna and Lindsay stood atop the two totems. "What am I supposed to d----" Lindsay was cut off by a loud horn. It shook the whole ground and Lindsay went flailing into the tar. "I wonder if it's good for the skin?" Lindsay questioned as Justin helped her out of the tar.

   "Next up Heather and Beth" Chris yelled.

     Heather and Beth climbed to the top. "This is gonna he too easy." Heather took the bone and shoved Beth off of the totem.

      "Next up Harold and Justin." Chris yelled before blowing the horn.

    Justin posed for a model shot and Harold knocked him into the tar. Our team was going to win.

     "Kayleigh and Courtney." Chris said and I smirked I was going to enjoy this.

   I climbed to the top enjoying the feeling of danger and thrill. I got to the top and held my bone at the ready. The horn blew and Courtney swung at me with her little bone. I blocked it easily. I swung my bone hard and whacked her upside the head. She toppled over and fell into the tar pit. After a few minutes she didn't surface. "God damn it." I yelled before diving into the tar. It was like swimming in jello, thick and hard to move. But I eventually found a wrist or maybe it was an ankle and pulled it to the surface. I drug it to land and dropped it before wiping my eyes. Seeing that I had successfully gotten Courtney out of the tar I gave her mouth to mouth.

Six hours later

After what seemed like forever she started breathing properly. That was when I started to leave the medical tent.

   "W-wait" Courtney stuttered.

    I slowly turned around

     "Why did you save me, I thought you hated me"

    "Even you don't deserve to die and I don't want to go down for murder." I said while pulling some tar out of my hair. " I've got to go to the ceremony." I said and left the medical tent wondering why I really saved her.