chapter 38 Veronica

(please leave comments I want to know if I should continue writing this story or not, I might cancel it because I'm not getting feedback anymore)

The black gallant pulled up to the large hospital and Dr. Asami climbed out of the passenger door. He opened our door and Duncan helped me out of the car. My bandages itched along my arms and hands I was scared. More scared than I had ever been. Scared of what I would see when I walked into that Clorox smelling room. Dr. Asami led us to room 109 which had veronicas name listed under it. Along with a critical condition form.

"Patient Veronica Matthews is not expected to live past 12:01 July 11th 2018." The paper said and my eyes once again started to water. Duncan gently rubbed my back comforting me. He slowly walked me into the room.

But I was not ready to see what was In front of me. Veronica lay on the hard hospital mattress. Her cheeks were void of color, sunken in and cheekbones standing out unhealthily. Her lips a pale blue no longer the bright pink I was used to seeing. No makeup adorned her pretty face. And her hair was scattered and tangled. Tubes were down her throat and up her nose. I slowly took out a brush and started gently combing her hair into a neat ponytail like she usually has.

Duncan held my hand as I tried to talk to her. "Ronnie?" I questioned. "Veronica can you hear me?" I asked.

"Kayleigh, I'm glad you came. I listed wanted to tell you i love you."

"I love you to Ronnie, but you are going to make it through this." But all I got in response was labored breathing. Suddenly the heart moniter jumped and started racing. Veronica started spasming uncontrollably and nurses and doctors came rushing in. Two of them ushering me and Duncan out of the room. I took a seat in the waiting room hoping, praying that she would live, that she would be okay.

I sat waiting for hours, the hours ticked by as if they were months. And when the nurses and doctors came out of the room I knew.

I guess some people don't deserve to have their prayers answered. Veronica passed away at 9:46 pm from fluid filling her lungs. The doctors could not save her, she was gone and so was a large part of me. No one could calm me down as I pounded my fists into the walls screaming, cursing, crying.

What am I going to do?

Authors note

Giving a shout out to the first person to guess where the doctors name came from