Mentally Struggling

The walls and floors were pure white, doors were dark brown in colour and were all the way down the hallway.
Nurses and agents were rushing left and right.
Tony passed all his team mate's rooms, physically feeling sick over the thought of seeing them injured.

He stopped outside Peppers room. He had heard, from Rhodey, that Pepper was in room 384, nine rooms down from his own.
Tony continued to walk back to his room.
"Tony, don't you want to visit Pepper?", asked James, he saw Tony shook his head before continuing forward. James became very confused and was now getting worried, "you okay Tony? I say Pepper would love to see you".

Stark tensed up, still not stopping.
Starks heart was in pieces, he failed to prevent the one person he was supposed to protect from getting hurt. He felt like a failure to his team and avoiding them was the only way to hide the fact that he could deal with how he felt.

He was helped into his bed, the braces were removed, sending a jolting pain through Tony's entire body.
Stark laid down and stayed silent, going through everything that happened up until then.

He felt responsible for Clint being injured and for the attack. James helped Tony up to a sitting position. Pillows were behind his neck, his lower and centre spine.

Tony grabbed hold of his headphones. He fished out his phone from the top drawer and flicked off three screens, two of them were blueprints of his suits, which he could move around and the last one was of some formulas that Rhodey knew were incredibly important.

"They're thinking of letting you go home tomorrow, but they need to examine your mental state Tony", stated James as he walked over and leaned against the railings, at foot of Tony's bed.

Tony looked at his friend, dead in the eyes. He looked lost and vulnerable, something Rhodey picked up on.
"Tony.. You have to talk to them, they can't help you if you won't speak to them".
Tony put up a finger and then quickly rummaged through the second drawer of his side table and pulled out a headset. He placed over his head and switched it on.

"I don't need their help Rhodes, going home will fix my mind, so don't worry about it". Tony looked at Rhodey, who was surprised.
"Tony.. How did you? You know.. Speak without stuttering?". Tony grinned proudly, before it fell and he became serious once more. "this headset is connected to my brain and acts like a speech corrector".

"how long did this take you to do? You didn't mention that you were working on that". Tony stayed silent for a few seconds before answering with, "I started on this five days ago".
Rhodey looked concerned.

"Tony, how long since you've last slept?", Tony stared down at his feet, before meeting his friends gaze. "A week, maybe nine days".
"Tony...you have to sleep, you're health is going to suffer greatly", explained Rhodey concerned.

"I can't sleep Rhodey, I'll be able to sleep properly when I get home, so don't worry about it", reassured Tony.
"Ok, but if you need anything Tony, give me a shout and I'll be there", Tony nodded before James left, closing the door behind him.

Stark pulled the headset off and placed on his bedside table, he ran his hand through his hair and yawned.
He tried his best to stay awake, shaking his head to, hopefully, stay awake.

He began to work, but couldn't stay awake, falling asleep with the holograms still up.