Recovery For One

It had been two weeks and Clint was just waking up. He slowly opened his eyes, feeling too weak and tired to do anything. He had a tube in his nose, bandages covered his wrists and his entire torso and chest.
He was hooked to a heart meter. A blood bag needle was in his left arm and the IV was in his right.

"Glad to see you awake agent", said Fury in his normal, monotoned, voice. Clint weakly chuckled. "did he get Tony?", asked Clint, his voice was slow and raspy.
Fury looked at Natasha, who was sitting down on a chair on the right side of Clints bed.

"Tony's alive Clint....but he's in a coma", answered Natasha. Clints heart dropped. "there's a chance that Tony may never wake up Clint, a surgeon told us that Tony flat lined, twice, during the surgery. He wasn't breathing on his own and he slipped into coma".

Clint laid shocked. "where's Pepper?". The pair stayed silent for a while, before Fury finally answered. "she's with him in the ICU".
Clint wanted to go, but with his injuries, he knew that he wouldn't be able to see the state Tony was in just yet.

"It's best if you guys leave, I'm hoping to get some sleep". Natasha and Fury left Clint.
Clint couldn't help but imagine what Tony could look like, but quickly forgot about it as he dropped off to sleep.