The Work Force:

Sierra's line of work has been very redundant and pretty bad. Sierra's first job was at the Anne Arundel Community College bookstore as a way to get discounts on materials for class and Russell made Sierra get a job to help pay for things. Sierra worked that job for a couple of months while she was taking classes before quitting. Sierra's biggest problem was her boss being unruly and terrible to her. That was from what she would tell me when I came to visit her at work in between classes. Sierra's next job was working at Bill Bateman's Sports Bar and Grill. This particular job was the shortest she worked. Only lasted about a week and few days, she hardly worked after the training days. Sierra was never thick skinned enough to work at a sports bar place. From my time working at a country club on Gibson Island, you need to be thick skinned to deal with the rich snobs at the bars and dining halls. The day some drunk guys dumped soda on her as she waited on them drew the last straw for her rather quickly. Honestly, that was the only issue I can remember from that place. Next Sierra went to Sears and was laid off for no longer selling credit cards there. She lasted about half a year there. After some time had pass, her mom helped get her a job at Creative Garden in Glen Burnie. Boy, this daycare was terrible. Place was runner down, dirty, mismanaged, pest-infested...yeah it was bad. Sierra had a problem with her director, who was very incompetent and bipolar, for always starting problems with everyone. Her director was crazy, I can vouch from my experience. Sierra was at wits end with being over worked, under-paid, and harassed by her coworkers. Sierra was struggling to find a new job and would not quit until she found one. That day did not occur as Sierra's last day working there came at the hand of a physical altercation. Sierra decided to fight back against one of the women that picked on her. They started throwing punches and pulling hair. Sierra bragged how tough she was for her coworker and that she won the fight. Sierra could not pull off that ghetto lie with me if she came back looking like her ass was completely kicked. Plus, she must have been the one to start swinging because she was fired. She started the fight and lost it too. With a little encouraging and help looking from my end, Sierra got her next job working at The Goddard School in Arnold. This was the job I wanted Sierra to keep working at. The people were not as bad in comparison to every job she had before and after Goddard. Sierra has never been around groups of snobby people in her life, so it was a wake up call for Sierra to understand that she is not the queen shit she always thought she was. Things probably would not have been that bad if her coworkers' first impression was not for how dishonest Sierra was. When Sierra was first starting there, she took off a day just for me and her to go out for something (do not remember what for). Sierra told me she could not get vacation time or sick time until she worked six months, so I wondered how Sierra took off. She told me not to worry about it, until I found out what excuse Sierra used. Sierra told her director and assistant director that my grandfather passed away and we were attending the funeral. What Sierra did not account for was her assistant director knew my family. She went to school with my dad, uncle, and aunt. Sierra's assistant director called up my uncle wondering what happened and how he was feeling. My uncle flipped out and told my dad what Sierra said about my grandfather. My dad told me what Sierra said and I was pissed. When I confronted Sierra, she played it off that they were lying and that she would never say that. Sierra gave me more bullshit since she could not give me the excuse she used to get off for the day. I will admit, that was just a series of unfortunate circumstances for Sierra's lies. What I think is the other reason for her coworkers resenting Sierra was her attitude. Sierra always has a way to bring out the fact that she is ghetto. She practically announces it to people all the time to justify her crazy actions. She grew up privileged in Baltimore with two parents, one the worked and the other stay at home. She never really left the house and her knowledge of the mean streets is a little spotty. For someone who grew up embarrassed about living in Baltimore, Sierra brought it up so much. Of course there there is going to be a sort of socially economic clash of worlds going on when you keep bringing up your upbringing. It is also hard to present yourself as ghetto in the work place when you cry over most things like your coworkers making fun of you. I wished she did not quit this job after a month or two, but Sierra really blew it. The job that was more functional than any other one was no longer an option. This was where Sierra got the job with Kiddie Academy of Arnold. I hated this job because the director was crazed and incompetent. Her director know everyone there was desperate and needed the job, so no one could leave and se would not give anyone a honest recommendation if they found a new job. Sierra for the most part was proud that she had this job because she was finally making more than me. That was wrong because I made more an hour and she had to skip her break just to make up the difference. If she did make so much more money than me, why did she still have money problems? She quickly hated this job once her coworkers started picking on her. Once again, she brought her ghetto attitude and walked around like she was the greatest. The crazy thing about all her jobs is how Sierra has the same expectations like a child on the first day of school. Sierra thinks every job will be the greatest yet and she will make so many friends. She never treated her job like a job. It felt like high school to her, but she has never been to high school. As much talking and convincing I have done with Sierra to teach her that a job is a job. She is there to work first, not make friends. She never learned. I do not know why she tried so hard to be friends with those girls even though they were so horrible. They all cheat on their men, if they had one. Some of them are with military men and I thought it was funny when one of them found out he could not have knocked up his fiancé if he had been deployed for months. They always encouraged Sierra to cheat on me; then again, some of them wanted to get with me for some reason. Sierra tried leaving and applied where I work, but no luck there. I am surprised she never got fired. What happened was Sierra claimed her coworker, Myrtle, tried to break her hand in the out door gate at work. I did not believe that, but that was the truth in Sierra's eyes. When Sierra had a chance, she slammed the door on Myrtle's hand. Sierra broke Myrtle's hand and she had to be placed in a hand and forearm brace until she fully recovered.
    Sierra's job caused some fights between Sierra. The issue was that almost everyday, Sierra tells me how her coworkers got flowers from their men and lovers that they slept with. Sierra was so jealous that they were so loved and given all this attention. Sierra wanted me to buy her flowers and send them to her work for everyone to see. She originally wanted flowers once a week sent to work for her. Then she wanted flowers once a month because she thought it was more reasonable at a month apart. I thought that was a little ridiculous. I do not want to keep spending all this money on flowers just so Sierra can show up a bunch of whores. I rather put the money towards date nights, activities, and other special surprises. If I got flowers that often, the meaning behind them would be less meaningful. It is not like I have never bought her flowers before, I prefer to show my love in other ways. One public thing I like to do is draw on the windows of her car with messages on special days so everybody knows where ever she goes. Me not buying flowers so often gave Sierra the impression that I did not love her enough. That was what she told me. Sorry, I wanted to be different and smarter with my money. When it came time for us to move, Sierra kept her job at Kiddie Academy until she could find work. Like you know that it took sometime to find a job at Bundles of Joy University since there was some sort of falling out at Victoria's Secret. Again, Sierra expected to be loved by everyone at her new job. Sierra became quickly hated again there too. You know I lent Sierra my car for several days just so she could save money on gas. I did this because Sierra was barely breaking even from her pay checks now that she was driving four hours a day and paying for the toll. Sierra even guilted me to give her my car. And I am an asshole still? At least I was not the dumbass parading around and bragging about being a lead teacher. Guess what, her director looked into it and found out Sierra has not been qualified to be a lead teacher in any child care center. Sierra was demoted because she was missing a class and a few trainings to be a lead teacher. I have told Sierra since Creative Garden that she is not qualified. Sierra never listened and kept bragging she was. It finally caught up to her and it was funny when she came home to tell me...not to be a jerk or anything. As Sierra decided to leave me, she took off abruptly with hardly a notice as Sierra returned to Kiddie Academy. I think she went back there because she finally came to terms with what she was and joined like-minded people. Or it could be because they were the only people that let her drink as a minor out in public. But what do I know besides that just recently I found out that there is again trouble in Kiddie Academy...other than her trying to commit suicide at work. Sierra again tried to apply for work at my job. That cheered me up to hear how desperate Sierra has become after she left me. I will admit, she has some balls to do such a thing. Sierra is just a total mess that does not understand a job. She complained how she never made as much as she thought she should make more for being a lead teacher. Nope, she has not put in as much time as other people, me included, in child care. Maybe if Sierra stayed in a job for a few years, she could make a higher wage that can support her. Then again, Sierra was in a lot of debt to work out of.