Before Our Relationship (BOR) III:

I remember first meeting Sierra three years before we got together. We never spoke to one another that season of bowling. I was working through and recovering from my treatments in chemotherapy. My friends at bowling told me I was brave for coming to play and even more surprised that I did so well with little to no energy to move the small ball down the lane. I kept to myself that season and only talking to a few people, but mainly talking with my teammate and friend Danny.
    At this point in time we were practically a two person team in our league in Glen Burnie. I was still pretty new to the area as I transferred from the old Rivera Beach lanes. The owners closed the lanes down and eventually sold the lot to Royal Farms. Danny was my first new teammate of this league that was not one of my old friends. We use to spend our time talking about sports and gossip with other teams about people in our league. It's how I got to know most of the people there. It is funny how a group of mostly men gossiped the way we did. Now when I say everyone, I mean everyone made fun of each other there. It made bowling a little more interesting for the teams that never really won a whole lot of games. We were not all bad people, but not everyone was good. We just did it as good fun. If you were very close to someone, you would insult them as good fun. I was one of the several large men in the league who was close to the other large men of the league. So of course we called each other fat, but knowing how harsh we all talked about each other was some really messed up stuff. So I made sure to not be around for any of the greasy Italian jokes since that was another thing to target on me.
    No one was safe and we never told most of the people we were mocking all the insulting jokes we made. This is where Danny and I took focus on Sierra. She always watched us every once in awhile even when we were not bowling against her. Like I said, we never talked with her. She was quit for the most part and just stayed around her parents. She was one of the only few people that had her parents at just about every match. So we started to analyze her. I never thought she was a girl at first. Her hair was very short and odd. Her hair was combed into a short beehive look that opened at her cowlick, but looking at it showed more like a bald spot on her head. Not only that, but she was dressed in an ugly pair of baggy mom jeans with a shirt that was a size too big for her. One of the worst things was she looked like a portly version of my oldest cousin Sarah with a large nose. My whole family agreed with that statement. Danny agreed with the rest.Typing this out, I remembered something else: I told Danny since she always ran over to her parents after bowling her frame just about every time instead of hanging out with her team, then she probably has overbearing parents with a hint of daddy issues. Boy, was I right. When I realized that, I laughed and became very sad on how accurate that was. Now unfortunately, Danny was the first person to tell her that she looked like a man. I still do not know why he did that, but that happened later down the way. The last thing I want to note is that I never really liked Sierra in an intimate way when we first met.
    That is the end of that year.